Packed Work Lunch

Options
What is your favorite thing to pack to take to work? Preferably no heat

Replies

• sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I usually do vegetarian lunches...quinoa or slaws. Or Buddha bowls.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Sandwich.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Generally I take a yogurt and a bowl of protein powder to combine at lunch time, plus a bunch of raw vegetables.

I used to take cottage cheese a lot but Food Club changed its formulation and I have yet to find a substitute that I like.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice with hot sauce
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    A tuna salad pasta mix with chilli sauce is my fav.
    Also I love egg and red onion mayo sandwich on wholewheat granary bread with some cheese and onion crisps on the side
    Or a chicken salad with rocket, tomato, egg, nuts, beetroot, pineapple and coleslaw - I make my salads colourful as that makes it look so appealing. :smile:
    All my lunches average 400- 500 cals. Filling and yummy.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    A pre packaged salad from walmart superstore. I get the lowest calorie one I can find. ALSO
    Starkist ready to eat tuna salad kit that has crackers and a spoon with it (140 cals).ALSO
    Also some sort of fruit.
    All of this covers all of the major food groups and no heating.
    230cal + 140cal + 60cal (depends on fruit).
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    All of the above requires no repackaging just throw in your lunch ang go!
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have also taken Greek yoghurt with berries and homemade granola. Or made a veggie quesadilla and homemade salsa.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have some little bento compartmented type lunch boxes that were my favourite thing when I used to take food for the office. Little section of cut fruit, one of cheese, a small sandwich, some rice or grain salad, cut veg, all kinds of fun stuff.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay pretty consistent when it comes to lunch during the week. I generally eat the same thing, lately it's been a couple hard boiled eggs, a couple baby dill pickles, a sandwich bag of celery and carrots, and either a banana or an apple. I used to take a cup of cottage cheese instead of the eggs, but after 2yrs of cottage cheese I switched to eggs.
  • elliemae1981
    elliemae1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Generally I take a yogurt and a bowl of protein powder to combine at lunch time, plus a bunch of raw vegetables.

I used to take cottage cheese a lot but Food Club changed its formulation and I have yet to find a substitute that I like.

Aldi has good cottage cheese
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs.

whatever it is.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Turkey and cheese tortilla roll up with a baked potato, I cook the potato at home and then eat it cold. Weird I know.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Salad and a cheese sandwich
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I love to make my own burrito bowls - corn, tomatoes, black beans, chick peas, chicken and some rice over lettuce. I also make my own burrito sauce at home using plain greek yogurt or sour cream. This way I can control the calories in the sauce as many store bought or restaurant ones are mayo based and heavy in calories. You don't have to include the rice or bean portion, depending on your calories, but this lunch is packed with protein and nutrients. I eat them frequently.

I also make turkey & cheese rolls ups - so two slices of turkey breast (like sandwich ones) around a cheese string - low carb, high protein option.

Home made oatmeal (which doesn't have to be heated up if you don't want) with a banana.

Cucumber/carrots/other veggies with home made ranch (plain greek yogurt with ranch - I use epicure but you can use whatever you want).

Greek pasta salad with chicken - pasta (of any kind) with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta (and olives if you like but I don't) and then the dressing is basically olive oil and red wine vinegar with oregano and some thyme. Portion can be controlled very easily and it's filling for a (relatively) low amount of calories.

Oatmeal muffins - good snack or lunch option, depending on how much you eat. I make my own so I know exactly what's in them.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    • hard boiled eggs
    • 1 oz walnuts/almonds
    • 1 oz sugar free golden raisins
    • 1 oz hard cheese
    • 5 oz canteloupe
    • 4 strawberries
    • 4 oz homemade yogurt
    • 1 tblp raw honey
    • 3 oz cucumbers
    • 1/2 avocado

I pack all the above (with some variations depending on the day --i.e., grape tomotoes, olives, salami etc) and graze from breakfast until after lunch.

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    6 triscuits and 28 grams of cheese or a tuna or salmon pack
    1 banana and 227 grams of plain yogurt
    raw veggies- mushrooms, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, cucumber, and/or celery
    28 grams of mixed nuts
    1 chocolate truffle :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches (whatever lunch meat and cheese sounds good. Sometimes I add lettuce or something special depending on the type.)

Green Salads of all sorts

Chicken, tuna, or egg salad

Pasta or grain based salads

Cheese, meat, and crackers

Also a lot of canned soups and leftovers but those need to be heated.

To round things up I also do apple sauce, cottage cheese, veggies and pretzels with hummus, popcorn, or something small and sweet (a couple cookies or a piece of candy for examples). Normally I will take one of these to have with my lunch and one for an afternoon snack attack.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I make a tuna wrap with cucumbers and ranch dressing almost daily. It hits the spot but bring gum.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Chicken and rice with hot sauce

My favourite, but I eat it at home.