1 kg chicken breast a day?

Options
Anyone ever tried 6 days a week 1 kg chiken breast everyday? Pros and cons ? And benefits of more protein . " Protein vs carbs for gaining muscle mass and weight"

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Just 1kg chicken breast? Raw or cooked weight? Skin on or off? Why not 7 days?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why just chicken?
    Why just chicken breast?
    Why a random number of days?

Why protein vs. carbs?
    (Protein and carbs is better.)

Cons - sounds boring as hell.
    Pros - erm..... Can't think of anything unless you really, really like chicken breast and dislike all other foods.

IMHO one of the benefits of bulking should be more dietary freedom so really not seeing the point.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever tried 6 days a week 1 kg chiken breast everyday? Pros and cons ? And benefits of more protein . " Protein vs carbs for gaining muscle mass and weight"

The what now?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Is it anabolic chicken or regular chicken.

Cake sandwich.

Anabolic chicken cake sandwich.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I could get on board with cake sandwich, but a kilo of chicken any day, much less every day - nope.
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you want to bulk up you need lots of protein but no matter what you still need carbs. Your muscle depend on them, sure you need protein for building them but with no carbs you will not have results.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    arenavles wrote: »
    If you want to bulk up you need lots of protein but no matter what you still need carbs. Your muscle depend on them, sure you need protein for building them but with no carbs you will not have results.

You really dont need a ton of protein to build muscle, ~.8 - 1.4g/lb per lbm.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, the problem with that approach is that chicken isnt very calorie dense, so it might be a struggle to get enough calories.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a PSMF and a great way to create a huge calorie deficit. For bulking though, no, terrible idea.
  • ZyzzNation9
    ZyzzNation9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    fry chiken or grill also getting carbs from oats and fruits and brown rice , Question is to gain weight or muscle mass if you are unable to hit macros what should you complete protein or carb intake and also wana know if eat 800 gram to 1 kg chiken breast every day with brown rice
    oats fruits potato to meet carb needs then is it good ? Eating that much chiken like 800 gram is safe
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat some beef or pork or whatever else as well?

Your list of food sounds very low fat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    fry chiken or grill also getting carbs from oats and fruits and brown rice , Question is to gain weight or muscle mass if you are unable to hit macros what should you complete protein or carb intake and also wana know if eat 800 gram to 1 kg chiken breast every day with brown rice
    oats fruits potato to meet carb needs then is it good ? Eating that much chiken like 800 gram is safe

If that's the question, you should have asked that in the first place!

Just eating chicken sounds boring - I guess if it's cheap and easy, and that's what you want, it's fine. I'd definitely add some fat sources to your diet. And vegetables.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

1kg is over 2 lbs, which is 8 times the normal 4 oz serving size for meat!! That seems somewhat unbalanced, but I can't say anything bad would happen to you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No, have not tried.
    Pro-less planning, decisions
    Con-less variety
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

By itself? All day or one meal?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    oats fruits potato to meet carb needs then is it good ? Eating that much chiken like 800 gram is safe?

I don't see any problem w/it as long as you enjoy eating that much chicken everyday.

1kg of grilled chicken breast works out to about 1000 cals, 200g protein and 20g fat.

Depending on your size, that should take care of all of your protein requirements for the day.

Just eat whatever carbs and fats w/in your cal & macro limits that you like best to make up the rest of your day's meals.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say that following Zyzz's diet isn't going to get you far. His physique didn't come from his diet, it came from massive amounts of steroids.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I'm just going to say that following Zyzz's diet isn't going to get you far. His physique didn't come from his diet, it came from massive amounts of steroids.

And killed him at the ripe old age of 22...
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

For someone so well respected and knowledgeable that is a very short sighted and non-factual statement.