Have hit a wall. Need help!

Options
Hi I’m looking for someone who has experience in vegetarian/vegan eating. I have been vegetarian for almost 2 and a half years and I have hit a road block. Have not been working out, gaining wait, and I want to change it all. If anybody could help me out with weight loss meal plans that would be great. Kind of stuck.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    +1 for both.
  • rwomack101
    rwomack101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @moosmum1972 I’m a vegetarian because I don’t like meat, I also don’t agree with factory farming. I didn’t choose to be vegetarian only because of the health benefits but it’s a plus.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian but all you need to do is create a calorie deficit. You don't need any specific meal plan.
  • daniel_nong
    daniel_nong Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey brother so first thing you need to do is figure out how many calories you need in a day to MAINTAIN your weight. You can do this by figuring out your Total daily energy expenditure. Google TDEE calculator and figure out what your calories are. Then after that try eating less calories than what your TDEE is. So for example if you end up finding out that your TDEE for MAINTAINENCE is 2300 calories or something like that, use MyFitnessPal to track your calories to ensure that you eat less than that each day to lose weight. The weight will come right off!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    To build on @daniel_nong, you must know that MFP gives you a calorie goal. My standing advice for people who stall out on weight loss is to switch to maintenance for a while, logging daily. That helps get things back under control and is (theoretically) easier.

As for specific advice for vegetarians, I think you need to eat sufficient protein and fat and not go too heavy on the carbs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you are gaining weight you are eating too much. It's that simple.

Start by logging all your food and then looking at the bottom of your food diary and seeing 1. How much you are eating and where you can cut back, and 2. Make sure you are getting enough protein. That's where vegetarians have to careful.

Have you researched vegetarianism closely? There are some vitamin/nutrient needs that are difficult to obtain on a fully plant-based diet, so be aware.