Starting this Journey...Again!

Options
Once again, I've set the goal, bought the right shoes, right sweats, and right books. I've downloaded the tools, signed up for the websites and blogs and set my mind in to Loser Gear.
I'm hoping to lose 75 pounds by my birthday - and yes, I know it's not a very realistic goal and I know you're not supposed to set unrealistic goals BUT I have to get the weight off. If my blood pressure doesn't kill me, my depression will.
So! Happy thoughts. I have to say I'm actually encourages by the number of new posts here. So many times I wander over to the message board of a site only to see the last post was months ago. It's hard to be the only active member of an online community!
Anyway - good luck to everyone that is starting this journey. I wish you all luck and hopefully I'll be able to post so much progress the rest of the world will be inspired by my courage...a girl can dream right :)

Replies

• sduke1
    sduke1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck =)
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i am starting again and although i have a lower target to lose (36lbs) think we r probably quite similar,, i am getting increasingly more depressed by the weight gain and have had a tough couple of yrs causing me to eat and gain more weight,, if you would like to add me as a friend on here for some support please do,, i think it helps lots to have people to talk to while losing weight.. good luck, believe in yourself..xx
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the journey!!
  • lekanc
    lekanc Posts: 1
    Options
    You are not alone!! you can do it - we all need a little encouragement - keep pushing!!
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Best wishes on your journey! Getting started is the hardest part. Keep at it.
  • xbecksterx
    Options
    Good Luck! I am new here, too!
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm starting again as well, so we're in this together!
  • SomersetJo
    Options
    Hi there
    Just wanted to add my thoughts to. You can do this. I have not long joined and lost some, went on holiday and gained a lb but i have started again this week. I too need to lose a fair amount and i am getting really depressed about the weight gain. I am that determined to get the weight off that i went to the gym today, did some gentle swimming and have bought a treadmill for home use.
    We can do this, good luck.
    Jo x

PS If you want another friend then please do add me