no changes on the mirror or pants size ?

Options
I was 271 lbs lbs about 4 months ago. Now I am 229 lbs. I am 5'10 M, 26 year old

when I reached 250 lbs , everyone was commenting about my weight loss, I felt I was much smaller on the mirror and I was forced to buy new pants , but since then although I lost 21 lbs more, I don't feel that there is any change in the mirror, I still wear the same pants and they perfectly fit and no one comments about my weight loss any more... is there something wrong or is it normal ?

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    All of the above.
  • delgrand
    delgrand Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What you say about not noticing any changes in the mirror and not getting any comments recently about my weight makes sense, but what about wearing the same size of pants ? is it normal to lose about 20 lbs and still wear the same size?
  • Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    are you taking progress pics? its much easier to see when theres a side by side comparison.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    delgrand wrote: »
    What you say about not noticing any changes in the mirror and not getting any comments recently about my weight makes sense, but what about wearing the same size of pants ? is it normal to lose about 20 lbs and still wear the same size?

It depends on the fit of the pants. It depends on how they fit 20 lbs ago compared to how they fit now. I'm sure it's not exactly the same!
    Most people are not going to constantly comment on every change in your body.. You've gotten some great kudos. Many people, don't get any comments at 20 lb lost.
    Focus on progress pics and measurements and keep following your plan.
  • Natalianime
    Natalianime Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    delgrand wrote: »

I can have a swing of about 25-30 lbs and still wear the same pant size, maybe more depending on where the weight is coming off. They will fit a little different, but not enough for me to go down a size.
    I'm fairly tall (5'11" F) and I think that's the main reason why.

When it comes to people's commenting. They may just not be saying much because they've already complimented you on it, and they don't want to bring it up again and again. I've found a lot of people actually didn't say anything to me about my weight loss but would talk to my parents or other friends about it.

Take progress pics every couple weeks, from different angles. I'm sure you'll start seeing the difference again. :)
  • kshearer13
    kshearer13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Whether or not your pants size will change depends on where you're losing weightfrom. I've lost about 30lbs and only dropped one pant size because I've only lost a few inches from my hips. but, when I measure I've lost over 5 inches from my waist, 4 from my bust, and inches lost all over my legs, my arms, my neck, my collar bones are visible etc. But, it appears my hips are the last place I lose fat. That generic and I can't change that. Bjt, if you're losing fat you'll get there eventually!