Spartans Unite

Options
Anyone else out here training for a Spartan? I have my first one in Aug. looking for support from other Spartans #AROO

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I'm guessing you are doing one out West? Feel free to add me and ask me any questions :)
  • kristirobinson1
    kristirobinson1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Where in August? I have my second in August. Going for the trifecta
  • billsnita
    billsnita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm racing on the 28th in Breckenridge I'm doing the Sprint ☺️
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    October Sprint in Dallas!
  • Mc_Dulce
    Mc_Dulce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm suppose to do one in September but I have no upper body strenght. :(
  • kristirobinson1
    kristirobinson1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway ;) your team can help and others around will help. I do them and cannot do a pull-up
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am training for one in November! We might move it up to October though. It will be my first one. Currently in weight loss mode and strength building mode. The closer I get, I will probably focus more on distance running and hills.

Hubby just bought a sled to train with. Apparently I get to use it too. Yayyyyyy.......
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Anyone still here? Did a Super and a Beast this year, training for a Trifecta for my 50th birthday this year Aroo!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I would like to do one. I just have no upper body- I can not do a pull up. I have done several tough mountains and a tough mudder.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    They are a lot of fun and a good challenge.
    A bit of upper body strength is helpful. There are walls that need to be gotten over and a couple of obstacles where you are doing something similar to swinging from monkey bars. That said, I'm not super strong in the upper body but I manage.