Hello from Avon, Indiana

Options
Hello there!
I am a 46 year old from Avon Indiana. I guess I am struggling with that mid-life weight gain and have decided to do something about it! Joined the YMCA and am watching those calories.I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now. Biggest struggle is family meals ... oh how I want to indulge :-)

Replies

• dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Welcome Valerie. I don't live that far from you. I didn't know the Avon Y had opened yet. Seems like they built that place in record time. Anyway. Welcome. This is a great place for motivation.
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree family meals are hard. We have a regular dinner (a.k.a. supper here in the south :smile: ) almost every night and I eat the same food as the family, but just try to cut back portion sizes to stay within my calorie range. Many days it isn't hard to do, but sometimes its a major struggle....but you CAN do it!!!
  • amhl
    amhl Posts: 6
    Options
    Evening meals are my worst. We eat late due to DH's job and there is not time for exercise afterwards, and by then I am starved.
    I have started having small healthy snacks through the day--half a piece of fruit, half a peanutbutter sandwich on whole wheat, some baby carrots.....anything to keep me from over eating at night.
    And my 8 glasses of water. That helps.
    I'm 51, have put on weight from change of life and meds, and I'm just going for HEALTHY---if weight loss occurs that is a big plus!
    You're not alone in this! :flowerforyou: