90 pounds down with lots of pictures

Options
justkeeprunning91
justkeeprunning91 Posts: 96 Member
edited December 2017 in Success Stories
This morning I hit 90 pounds down from my highest weight of 225 lbs. I'm finally ready to share the story of my weight loss, even though it took me 11 years to get here. I don't ever remember not being a fat kid. Looking back at pictures, I was pretty normal until about 5, when I started being noticeably bigger than my sister. I hated being big but kept getting bigger and bigger until I hit 225 lbs at age 15.
6ruz5q4is2ym.jpg

My parents were both obese when I was growing up, but my dad went on a new diet plan my sophomore year of high school and, as a New Years resolution, I decided to join him. I lost about 40 lbs and stayed around 185 for the rest of high school. I had intended to lose more but at that point I figured maybe my body was just meant to be bigger and tried to accept it.
yuit2eavotdj.jpg

When I got to college, I had no idea how to cook or eat well and never established good exercising habits. I bounced around between 185 and 200 pretty much yearly, constantly trying to lose more weight but never quite getting there. I tried going back on the diet I went on in high school but it never stuck. I hung around 185 my senior year of college and again tried to just accept that that's where I was supposed to be. After a really inactive summer, I started law school again at 205. My now husband proposed the fall of my first year of law school and I decided I needed to get a little more serious and start working out that spring after seeing pictures like this from our post engagement vacation and realizing I wanted to be smaller when we got married.

qdmiq9b8ylh9.jpg

I started working out a little bit and took up running the spring of my first year of law school. I made it a habit and learned how to cook more at the same time. I got down to about 165 for our wedding and figured that was as good as it was going to get.

3zidosqex9w1.jpg

About a year ago, after the wedding, I ended up back up around 175. I knew deep down I still had more weight to lose and didn't want to just keep climbing up in weight. I was leading a fairly healthy life and looked into a ton of stuff to try to lose the weight. I thought maybe if I just did whole 30 or low carb or clean eating that I would magically drop the rest of the weight. Luckily, I already had mfp on my phone. I'd never used it seriously before but figured it was worth a shot and I logged for a few days to see what would happen. I started consistently losing weight and realized I wasn't just destined to live at 160 or 165 for the rest of my life. This morning I finally saw 135 (90 lbs down!) on the scale. I've still got a few more pounds to go but wanted to share my story for anyone it might help. Sometimes slows and steady sucks more than things happening quickly, but I'm so much more appreciative of where I am now! If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Replies

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yay i'm so happy for you and im glad that you kept fighting and didn't give up! Beautiful photos and story ❤
  • StarryEyed0
    StarryEyed0 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So inspirational!
  • lyhyl
    lyhyl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love your story. Thanks for sharing!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome job how’s law school?
  • agusmartinezro
    agusmartinezro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats! I have lost 12 lbs and at leats 10lbs more to loose. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is such a big accomplishment! Now to stay in maintenance!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You've done such a great job! Congrats! Now set a plan that will help you keep on track. Forever.
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Man that's impressive and gives me inspiration. Thank you for this most outstanding post!!! I'm glad I joined this site...
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Great work, thank you for sharing your inspiring story!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Great work! Looking so strong and healthy! Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing your inspiring story! :)<3:)
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Love your pictures from the Disney World race! I’m doing the Wine and Dine Half in 2018. Great job on the lifestyle change! Congratulations
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow! Incredible work. I love reading success stories. Makes me fight off negative thoughts and shows me that it can be done. Thanks for sharing.
  • eastsiderapids
    eastsiderapids Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow outstanding job you look amazing
  • ProdigiousDigit
    ProdigiousDigit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • comstr1
    comstr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love your story. I understand the feeling that this is just the weight you are meant to be. You look great! Keep it up. I have another 40+ pounds to go, so you are an inspiration.
  • KeepingUpWithKarina
    Options
    You DID it!! <3
  • gr2001mot
    gr2001mot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! How did you handle it if you went a bit over your calorie count for the day?
  • justkeeprunning91
    justkeeprunning91 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    gr2001mot wrote: »
    Congratulations on your success! How did you handle it if you went a bit over your calorie count for the day?

Thanks! While I was losing, I learned not to let going over my calories bother me too much as long as I wasn't going over what my maintenance calories would be and as long as it wasn't happening too often. I also had a rule that if I went over my calories, I wanted to remember *why* I had gone over. So, for example, my birthday, Easter brunch, vacations, law school graduation, post bar exam celebration, and weddings were all reasons that I went over my calories for a day (or five). But I still made it and I wonderful memories from every one of those occasions. I also went over maintenance calories yesterday and today. I'll eat at a defecit this week and move on :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!