Meeting macros

Options
When you want an evening snack but don't want to mess up your first "perfect score." :p

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    If you're going by percentages, you just need to make a snack that has the same breakdown...
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    That's only 980ish calories so far so you need to have your snack.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Lolo422 wrote: »
    When you want an evening snack but don't want to mess up your first "perfect score." :p

I know what you mean. I've been here quite a while, but haven't hit "perfect"yet.
    Usually get "tomorrow's a new week and a new chance to meet your macros" on my weekly report.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The macros are not supposed to be perfect.
    Eat enough protein. :star:
    Eat enough fats. :star:
    Carbs can be under or over -- they do not matter as much as the first two.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    That's only 980ish calories so far so you need to have your snack.

this is your issue, not the macros
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Lolo422 wrote: »

Well if you are treating eating, calories and macro goals as a game (perfect score?) then I guess this is not the app for you...

On a more serious note, there is no perfect score other than hitting your calorie allotment for the day. Even that is not exact cos differing activity levels and being a few cals over or under, as amounts not rounded usually. Macro targets become more important if you are trying to maintain lean mass(protein) and for satiation purposes(fat and protein). If you are training hard or doing endurance sports then higher carbs are in order.

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Biggest advice for macros... stop looking at the Macro screen and start using the Nutrients one instead!

They literally only have to be balanced at the end of the day (if that's what you're going for).
    I find it easiest to plan to come in a little under for all macros for the day, then have a "flex bowl" or similar for dessert at dinner time to get the balance.

(At the moment, I'm being lax, but intentionally so and will tighten up again in the new year!)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I make sure to hit or exceed Protein and Fat and let the carbs fall where they may. I wouldnt even try to get it all perfect, as I'd fail dismally.