Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Time for my first weekly weigh-in (I weigh in on Fridays). Here are the stats I started the challenge with:

SW on MFP (7/29): 227.8
    SW as of 08/01: 224.4
    Goal for Aug: 220
    Self-Challenge: Workout at least once every day.

Current weight as of this morning? 222.4! I've lost 2 lbs since the 1st, and a total of 5.4 lbs in my first week on MFP! I know the first week or two will have a bigger loss than what my average will be once my body is used to the new lifestyle, but I'll take the 5.4 lb loss this week! Yay!

Also, this means I am 2.4lbs from my goal for August. So, I'm going to change my goal to 219. That's only going to make it so that I need to lose one more pound this month, but I'll be out of the 220's if I hit that goal. :-)

Hope everyone else is having a GREAT day!!

ETA -- I've also been doing my personal goal of working out every day at least once... some days I work out two times. :-)
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Friday is my weigh in and I am happy happy happy to report that I am down 1.4 lbs this morning!! This week's dedication has paid off, only 6 more lbs to go to meet my August Goal!! Hopefully the day will go well, still planning on getting in my 10 cups of water and at least 30 minutes of exercise, but I am so motivated with todays loss that I'm sure I will probably do more than that!!

Happy weigh ins to all of you Friday Weighers out there!!
  • zxmarekxz
    zxmarekxz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight for August 1st: 243
    current weight fluctuating around 243
    Your personal goal for August 237
    Your personal self-challenge for August:: 90min of cardio per week
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Question for everyone! I had planned on closing the group to new sign ups (and creating a new topic for us to show that it's closed) but it seems like each day we have a few more people join us. I was thinking of leaving the sign ups open, permanently. That way people who are new to MFP and want accountability or people who just waited "too long" to join a challenge-style thread can do so. What do you all think?
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    Checking in for today - day 3 - check! :)
    Got in all my water and kept up with tracking...
    Goal 2 for August is to start going back to the gym. That starts Monday. Trying to get myself psyched up for that...

I don't think I'd decided on an official weigh-in day yet, but I think I'm going to go with Friday. Then I have a whole week to get over anything awful that happens over the weekend ;)

Hope everyone else had a great day!

Great idea to have a Friday weigh in! I'm with you. Friday it is :). I'm doing pretty good so far, its been great reading about everyone's progress. Keep it up!

I can get into the friday weigh ins! :)
    7/29: 246.1
    8/5: 246.0
    crazy water fluctuations. I've seen as high as 252 this week. silly TOM.
    Question for everyone! I had planned on closing the group to new sign ups (and creating a new topic for us to show that it's closed) but it seems like each day we have a few more people join us. I was thinking of leaving the sign ups open, permanently. That way people who are new to MFP and want accountability or people who just waited "too long" to join a challenge-style thread can do so. What do you all think?
    leave it open! we're stronger in numbers :):)
  • Michelle_Murray
    Michelle_Murray Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I would love to say I'm in the 130's once September comes around, since by birthday is on the 19th.

Your starting weight for August: 144.6
    Your personal goal for August: 139
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Start working out at least one time during the weekend again. Really start watching my bread intake.
  • cindy220
    cindy220 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Time for my first weekly weigh-in (I weigh in on Fridays). Here are the stats I started the challenge with:

Aug,1st ; 212

Today Aug, 5th ; 205.6

I had alot of water weight and I also just had my Copper IUD removed:bigsmile: , which I think was holding on to everything I ate making me FAT! Im so motivated right know I hope all you ladies do good this weekend!!
  • cindy220
    Options
    Checking in for today - day 3 - check! :)
    Got in all my water and kept up with tracking...
    Goal 2 for August is to start going back to the gym. That starts Monday. Trying to get myself psyched up for that...

I don't think I'd decided on an official weigh-in day yet, but I think I'm going to go with Friday. Then I have a whole week to get over anything awful that happens over the weekend ;)

Hope everyone else had a great day!

Great idea to have a Friday weigh in! I'm with you. Friday it is :). I'm doing pretty good so far, its been great reading about everyone's progress. Keep it up!

I can get into the friday weigh ins! :)
    7/29: 246.1
    8/5: 246.0
    crazy water fluctuations. I've seen as high as 252 this week. silly TOM.
    leave it open! we're stronger in numbers :):)
  • cindy220
    Options
    I agree
  • humblebug
    humblebug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yay :)

SW: 161
    GW: 152
    Personal Self-Challenge: Keep up with eating and fitness.
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    S.W. 177
    G.W. 174
    Monthly Goal: Limit Food Intake
  • janielee78
    Options
    SW as of 08/01: 162
    Goal for Aug: 152
    Self-Challenge: Workout at least once 3 times a week & watch my diet! :happy:
  • Sade510
    Sade510 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SW 251
    August goal: 245
    Challenge: eat more veggies and lean meat
  • hdreher1117
    Options
    Hope its okay if I still join!!

Your starting weight for August: 168
    Your personal goal for August: 160
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Complete Ripped in 30, no fast food
  • Selin4
    Selin4 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in

SW 01/08 184lb
    GW 31/08 176lb

Personal goal to make sure I do some sort of exercise every day burning at least 300 cal good luck guys :)
  • wildflower003
    Options
    SW 8/1/11: 169
    GW for Aug: 160
    PG for Aug : To exercise 30-60 min every day
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MY WEIGH IN DATE IS 2 MORROW BUT I'M STARTING TO FEEL DEPRESSED EVERYONE IS DOING SO GOOD BUT EVEN ON MY BEST EATING BEHAVIOR MY SCALE HARDLY MOVES. ANY IDEAS
  • dnjones43
    Options
    SW for August: 176
    GWfor August challenge: 167

Mini challenge: to walk to yoga class 4 days per week.
  • ajpequin
    ajpequin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SW for August 219
    Today 216

My goal was to do cardio and strenght training 6 days a week. So far no strength training but I did some cardio everyday
  • abertawe2
    Options
    It would be great to keep it open that way anyone can join and we can all support one another :happy: