Friday Mini Challenge

Options
Today's challenge is: Stair Stepping

Let's see if we can do 15 minutes.

If for some reason you can't do Stair Stepping then do something that is close to it like knee lifts or something of that nature,
Just make sure it's something similar to what the rest of us are doing.
The important thing is that you try to do it.
Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.
Report back when you are done and let us know how you did

Replies

• Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    Done =) phew that was hard but fun! Worked up a good sweat listening to some fun energetic music while doing it.
    What do i log this as in my exercise log? i dont have a HRM so I don't know how many calories I burned ...
  • xnissax
    xnissax Posts: 40
    Options
    Sounds good - just going to start. Will be back soon :)
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I sooooo hate knee lifts. about to start!!!
  • xnissax
    xnissax Posts: 40
    Options
    I don't have any stairs so I just did 15 minutes on my jogger trampoline. I did about half the time doing knee lifts and the rest dancing like a loon to some good tracks on my mp3 :)

My Daughter was very amused but has begged me never to repeat this if she has friends around.......lol
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    got it. we have lots of stairs.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    Ill do it tonight when I get home from work! ;o)
  • sastoneesq
    Options
    Whew!
  • KRWsmom
    KRWsmom Posts: 13
    Options
    I am in. Sorry to have been absent. I did this yesterday, but will again today.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....don't have a stair stepper, but I think I can run up and down my office stairs for 15 min at break.:wink:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    All done. This was a breeze compared to my other push-up challenge yesterday. I know that my arms will feel it tomorrow or Sunday.
  • msyeteva
    msyeteva Posts: 32
    Options
    My knees are clicking but thighs will thank me!!!!:wink:
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Done =) phew that was hard but fun! Worked up a good sweat listening to some fun energetic music while doing it.
    What do i log this as in my exercise log? i dont have a HRM so I don't know how many calories I burned ...

Stair stepping of coarse :wink:
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    This will give me the opportunity to try out the new stairsteppers at the gym. Those things are tall and scary looking!
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    hard work but thats it done!!
  • pursuitOFhappiness11
    Options
    This will give me the opportunity to try out the new stairsteppers at the gym. Those things are tall and scary looking!

I feel the same way. I'm going there now. Ahhh!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    can I join this?
    I'm in a irritated, frustrated, pissy mood today. I need something to get me out of my funk this morning.
    I'll be back when I have the challenge done. I have a mini stepper so I'll be using that

edit: Done! I actually feel much better. My heart rate went up a little and got some juice in my leg muscles.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    15 minutes done on the stair-stepper. 786 steps total!!! Thank you Charger!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options

I feel the same way. I'm going there now. Ahhh!

How did it go for you? I did it right before my yoga class and burned 116 calories in 15 min so that was nice. But that thing moves too darn slow for me. I couldn't figure out if there was a way to speed it up.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I got mine done and I burned 250 cals doing 16 min.