Multivitamin for an active woman...what would you recommend?

Options
I'm looking for a multivitamin to start taking daily. I'm a 35 year old woman. I'm pretty active between running and lifting weights 5-6 days a week. I do have low iron so I would need something with extra iron. Any recommendations or vitamins that you've been happy with?

Replies

• letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I take Women's One a Day. I really like it for extra calcium & vitamin D...but it doesn't overload you on some things I get from my food ( example: vitamin A ). It's won a lot of awards for a women's multivitamin as well.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use the adult gummy ones. lol I don't think they have much iron though if any. I'm also supplementing it with additional vitamin D (doctor's orders).

I took centrum's women's daily for a while and had good results with it. Those might have more iron. You may wind up taking a separate supplement for iron.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I just use a good generic multi-vitamin for women (the bottle says "daily mutli-vitamin + iron"), and then I add in and extra calcium+D supplement on top of that. According to my doc, everyone she and her colleagues see is low in Vitamin D -- between sunscreen and environmental changes. And Vitamin D gives you more energy (that's why we get the blahs in winter when the sun isn't out as much).

Hope this helps!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I also take womens one a day and also a vitamin B-12 that promotes energy metabolism
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Try your local GNC. They have really good Ultra Mega vitamins just for Women. Also, Fish oil is another supplement I get from them and I have no nasty taste from it. Good Luck!
  • water2soul
    water2soul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Whole food vitamins are the way to go. I can take these on an empty stomach without any stomach issues. I've been taking Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women for over 2 years now. It's a fantastic whole food vitamin. I'm 38 and love it.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a multivitamin to start taking daily. I'm a 35 year old woman. I'm pretty active between running and lifting weights 5-6 days a week. I do have low iron so I would need something with extra iron. Any recommendations or vitamins that you've been happy with?

I take the Alive Women's Energy. No caffeine, but it has Iron, Resveratrol, Lutein, and all the usual suspects, including calcium and a bit of magnesium.

Don't know if it's a good one or not, but it's a multi-vitamin :-)

Edited to say that I also take Viactive Calcium+D and K.

Kris
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women for over 2 years now. It's a fantastic whole food vitamin. I'm 38 and love it.

This is what I use, I also take an extra iron supplement and calcium chews.
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take Living Green Liquid-Gell Multi for Women since I am very active. I supplement it with Complete Iron System since I have always been anemic.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was taking womens one a day for weight, but found that this was making me extremely nauseous. Now I take Viactiv Multi Vitamin for women. At first I couldnt tell that it was helping, but when I ran out I could really tell they were and I got some more. They are chewable and the best part is they taste like CHOCOLATE. I dont think they have a lot of iron, you would probably need a supplement.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I take Nature Made Multi for Her with D3 and fish oil (per doctor's recommendation). I would talk with a medical professional and see what he/she recommends if you're not sure.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I take One Source Ultimate Women's Multi, they are comparable tot GNC's Ultra Mega but are a little cheaper($6/month's supply).