Steps not syncing

Options
Retsii
Retsii Posts: 5 Member
Hey, I'm pretty new here. I have a FitBit Charge 2, and it synced my steps to myfitnesspal beautifully, and I started losing weight as I was so motivated, seeing the amount of calories I've burned. However, it stopped syncing. I have tried everything, talking to Fitbit's customer support, uninstalling, reinstalling, revoking access, giving access...

I am completely demotivated because I feel like "what's the point?" Is anyone's steps also not syncing? Did I do something wrong?

Replies

• kojonudo
    kojonudo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There appears to be a problem at MFP which has shut down their syncing to fit bit. We'll have to wait
  • lilchefmelissa
    lilchefmelissa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's definitely annoying, can't wait till it's fixed. But remember your steps still count regardless if it's syncing or not. Don't stop stepping.
  • girlinthebox18
    girlinthebox18 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I've been logging my calories from MFP into fitbit manually to try to stay on target. It's a bit of a pain, but keeps me motivated to keep moving. I hope they fix it soon!
  • jselswick
    jselswick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is there any official post/comment from MFP regarding this issue? It started yesterday for my wife and I.
  • FJlove4life
    FJlove4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't showing either currently... Just keep checking back, it's happened before.
    But it is aggravating, I should have at least an 800 adjustment for yesterday and I don't have anything.
    It'll show when they get it fixed.
  • divacat333
    divacat333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How are you guys manually logging your steps in MFP? I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's not just FitBit. I have a UA Band, and it quit syncing yesterday as well. Pretty bad when they can't even stay connected to their own devices.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jselswick wrote: »
    Is there any official post/comment from MFP regarding this issue? It started yesterday for my wife and I.

Yes: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2909540-fitbit-sync-issue
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    divacat333 wrote: »
    How are you guys manually logging your steps in MFP? I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

Wondering about this, as well.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    First, yes it's a PIA. Second, you can work out the additional cals pretty easily yourself - look at your total calories in on MFP, look at your total calories out on Fitbit (you will need to extrapolate out for the remainder of the day, not hard to work out your baseline, sitting on your butt, burn). Subtract MFP number from Fitbit number. That's your calories remaining. Hell, I even have to convert kilojoules to calories to compare the two. And I currently have a Fitbit that's living in my pocket not recording heart rate data because the strap is broken. Still doing stuff, still calculating my total CO as best as I can.

It will get fixed eventually, the missing data will sync over. All will once again be fine with the world (other than the people living in poverty, facing famines, living in war torn countries, dealing with natural disasters, etc etc).

This is the very definition of a First World problem. Perspective, people.
  • vickicoss
    vickicoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal is showing the site is under maintenance right now. I've tried to get into fix the same issue this morning.
  • Shad0wDancer
    Shad0wDancer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Garmin. Wont sync steps. But it does sync to my iPhone Health app which then syncs to myfitnesspal.
  • hailes1981
    hailes1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one with this issue. It has done it before and generally removing and then adding my FitBit fixed it but that is not the case this time. Annoying but as someone else said, FWP.
  • sarahday0000
    sarahday0000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same problem. I deleted both Fitbit and mfp and downloaded them again and now all my past food entries are gone and I’m super furious about it. It’s annoying when you pay for the premium.
  • tmhite2015
    tmhite2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here. Steps not showing from my Fitbit charge2. Hope they fix it soon.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Same problem. I deleted both Fitbit and mfp and downloaded them again and now all my past food entries are gone and I’m super furious about it. It’s annoying when you pay for the premium.

@sarahday0000

Deleting the app shouldn't delete your food entries they are synced to the web version, but you would need to use the same log-in details as you had before. I have changed devices a lot over the years and my food entries always come back. You have the option of signing in using email or facebook to register, is it possible you've chosen the wrong one when you signed back in after re-downloading?
  • sarahday0000
    sarahday0000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No it’s the same email and everything. Doesn’t make any sense.