Just went over my cals:(

Options
Arrgh just went over my calorie limit should I subtract the amount I went over from tomorrows allowance??
Damn packet gave information for '2' servings tricky crafty marketers didn't realize till I'd eaten it all:(

Replies

• SarahC75
    SarahC75 Posts: 45
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It may even help towards weight loss.

If it's bothering you that much though, go for a little walk.

It's not a law that you can't go over the limit. We are afterall, all human :)
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    No, do not adjust your calories. Once a day is gone, it is gone. Start over with the new day and the full allotment of calories.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just stay honest for today and do better tomorrow. We all make these mistakes. :smile:

Some exercise will counter act the damage if you're feeling that bad about it.
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    At 8:25 am?
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yep, go for a walk or bike ride, do some Wii fitness, anything to just move a little bit more today....and don't sweat it too much because it will balance out over the week.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's doubtful that you went over your maintenance calories, so it's not going to hinder your weight loss. Just continue on as normal for the rest of today and tomorrow.
  • Italiandoglover
    Options
    I wouldnt stress over it, its actually a good thing to go over once in awhile, it keeps your metabolism guessing and doesnt let it get into a stagnant state. Just eat your calorie goal for the day like normal, making sure to eat back at least 85% of your exercise calories, you will still lose weight I promise
  • jgranger221
    Options
    And yet the sun still rose this morning...
    Going over on occasion is perfectly fine, perhaps even beneficial as someone already mentioned. As long as it doesn't become a habit, you'll be OK. This is a lifestyle change, not a prison sentence.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    Don't worry about it! Nothing to be ashamed of
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Don't adjust your days. So what, you went over one day by some calories. No big deal. In fact, it might actually be good for you to occasionally go over. It certainly is not the end of the world..... I know we all like to see the news feed auto post that says "completed his/her diary and was under calorie goal for the day" but seriously its no big deal to occasionally go over when eating healthy normal meals. Now if you were going over a few times a week because of sweets or junk then this is no good, but to just go over once in a while because your dinner was larger than originally anticipated isn't going to be detrimental to your progress in the long run. Anytime I overeat calories for the day and am not happy about it I squeeze in 30 minutes of additional exercise. Mentally it makes me feel like I am compensating for the extra calories I ate.
  • elly0001
    elly0001 Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks for the support and suggestions:) and it's night here(I'm in aus l