Tired of the same ol' baked/grilled chicken...

Options
dnc420
dnc420 Posts: 5
I'm so tired of baked or grilled chicken. I would love some new recipes. Tonight, I have 4 leg quarters thawed to cook. I've done very baked herbed styled chicken imaginable. something new would be wonderful! I do not like salsa type sauces and I can't do tomato based foods at this time but anything else would be a nice welcome. Do you have a favorite recipe?

thanks so much!!!

Replies

• sunnysunbum
    Options
    I like to marinate mine in a marinade made up of equal parts orange juice and soy sauce [i use low sodium], along with 1 diced yellow onion. It gives it a teriyaki flavor without being sticky or overly sweet. Works well on the grill or can be baked. I also like using the leg quarters to make a chicken stew, place fingerling potatoes, mushrooms [cut into quarters], pearl onions, baby carrots in a dutch over, then place the chicken over the top, sprinkle 1/2 packet of dry italion seasoning over the chicken and bake for aprox 90 minutes at 400 degrees. When it is done, take the chicken out, debone and remove skin, mix with the veg's and serve.
  • dnc420
    Options
    thanks sunluvr - both of those sound good. I think I'll try the teriyaki one tonight since it is so hot here. I'll save the stew for cooler weather! Thanks again!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i stuff mine...fillet it, put some goat cheese and fresh spinach in the middle, spice the top and bake it...so damn good
  • nancye610
    nancye610 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    These sounds great. Think I will have to give them a try. Thanks!
  • sunnysunbum
    Options
    You're so welcome, hope you enjoyed it, I really like it on the grill, and with it being summer its the perfect way to keep the house cool!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Curry pastes are my best friend- either Indian or Thai ones. Part cook your chicken, then brush liberally with your chosen paste and serve with a good dollop of fat free natural yoghurt.

If you don't like things spicy- use pesto instead, which is also delicious :o)
  • dnc420
    Options
    these all sound great - unfortunately, we did not cook at all last night due to some last minute 'dang hate it when that happens' life things. I am definitely going to check out the goat cheese and the curry paste, too! thanks so much.

lilricki - you must sell arbonne - I used to but quit many moons ago.
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    Try ..

basil pesto;
    chimichurri;
    black olive tapenade;
    sauteed onions with a dollop of mustard;
    mushrooms in butter, with tarragon and a splash of sherry;
    chopped apple sauteed in olive oil with cinnamon and a splash of apple juice, & a spoonful of mustard;
    dollop of peanut butter, splash of soy sauce, drops of sesame oil, spoonful honey, zest & juice of lime, & a few dashes of your favourite hot sauce;