What is your New Year Resolution

Options
For me since i am 50 years old---It will be to maintain my weight at 185 pounds, to get off my High Blood Pressure meds, I have no trouble loosing weight my problem is maintaining the weight

Replies

• jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Resolutions for 2018? Find a new job, lose at least 30lbs by the summer, spend more time with friends.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    To lose whatever weight I put on over the holidays.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't really do them...but I have a goal of doing the Tour De Tuscon next Thanksgiving...it's a bucket list thing. I'm also going to do the Desert Eagle time trial series 20K this summer and with a goal to PR...I'll get three shots at it...current PR is 38:02 which isn't terrible considering I don't ride a TT bike or even a true road racer.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    To run at least one race a month throughout the year.
  • pcw92103
    pcw92103 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To pay off a couple credit cards and get down 50 pounds.
  • jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    pcw92103 wrote: »
    To pay off a couple credit cards and get down 50 pounds.

Same here with the credit card!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Lose 5 pounds by Summer. Yes, I’m serious.
  • jfoley4676
    jfoley4676 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just continuing the work I've started. I just started a week ago. I need to lose 50lbs to get to my goal weight of 190. My problem isn't so much food but alcohol. I have been alcohol free for 9 days. I have a desk job and also need to be more active. How many w̶i̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ resolutions do we get?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok on weight for now, and trying to add some muscle so that doesn't really work for a goal. I think the one thing I want to get under control that I've never been able to do is my sodium intake. I'm going to be working on that in 2018 and it's not going to be easy. My diet is generally in the 2700 to 3000 calorie range and unless i cook every single thing from scratch I go way over on the daily limits. But it's a work in progress lol.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My 2018 resolutions are to get down to a weight that I'm happy with, then focus on becoming more fit. And my weird secret resolution is to wear shorts this summer. I have never liked my legs and haven't worn shorts since I was a kid. I'm starting to become a little more pleased with my legs and hope to get them in shorts shape this year.
  • gracegettingittogether
    Options
    Mine is to be able to take off my wedding rings by our 10th year anniversary. Just to get them cleaned for the first time!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    A pull-up :D
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Lose 60lbs
    Start running
    Be able to run 10km
    Learn Spanish
    Pay off some debts
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    To cook more. I really need to work at this. :)
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be friendly to others.

when someone is rude or drives like a jerk, it's so easy for me to react unkindly... instead, I want to be different. I want to be nice whether it seems deserved or not.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 400 pounds.
    Pay down credit card.
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Be at goal weight by october. I am 160 lbs now. Goal is 120 lbs. And become a lifeguard in October. Good luck everyone.
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    To mountain bike (cross country) 75 times and log over a 1000km for the summer of 2018
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Goal is to get to my goal weight (not sure of the number yet), and then start recomping and bulk/cut cycles. I'd like to get my waist measurement down 4 inches and keep my hip measurements the same or more (with lots of glute training).