Have you heard?

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
Yeah baby...I lost 3.6 pounds in the last 10 days. If you ain't heard by now, you better ask somebody. I am doing such a great job. I am so awesome. Go Me. I did it. Ya, it really wasn't that hard for ME. Uh huh, I took it a little easy, but I could have done more.

Bragging, Gloating, Proud, Feeling of Accomplishment...whatever you want to call it. Why are we demonized when we do it? Why should we not be able to shower ourselves with accolades after we accomplish something. Most of our lives is spent waiting on someone else to notice we got an A in class, we graduated high school, we finally got engaged, or we dropped a few pounds. I say forget waiting on someone else to say how great we are. I can do that by my damn self. So yeah, I am the best thing since fire. Sliced bread ain't got nothing on me. And walking on water is what I do for fun.

I am awesome...and if you have not heard by now, I lost 3.6 pounds in the last 10 days.

Give yourself some accolades and feel good about it today.

E.

Replies

• chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Haha, you ARE awesome, I love it!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I AM AWESOME!!! and I am looking GREAT lately and getting better everyday! More importantly I feel FANTASTIC!!! Yes I'm HOT!
  • adchill
    adchill Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I am AWESOME I just finishing working out on the bike two days straight. YEAH!!!!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congrats on the loss of 3.6 lbs in 10 days!!! :happy: Keep up the great work!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I suppose no one likes a braggart. My husband and I paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years, but I have to be careful who I tell b/c not many people are all that happy for me. And they certainly don't want to hear it again. It's something we worked really hard for, and the only person I can gloat with is my husband. I think we should be able to brag all we want with our true friends, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • AnuMe901
    AnuMe901 Posts: 44
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. :)
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I am ALWAYS awesome.. even on my worst days.
    I could list all my amazingness, but I have to go be productive (and look good doing it) now!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Your post totally made my day :) I agree, I think it's perfectly accceptable for us to kiss our own *sses every once in a while!! Some of us get way too hard on ourselves and forget that we deserve our own love and support.

ps - You are a truly amazing man...I mean, you'd have to be if you can walk on water! ;)
  • supdup1
    supdup1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thats what Im talking about!!! Its all about how YOU feel about what your doing!!! You have to do this for you!!! Great job, look forward to seeing your progress in the future!!!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    YESSS!!!! I am restarting my day RIGHT NOW! Why? Becuase I can -- anytime I want to. Thanks for the kick *kitten* post!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    sorry, you said you lost something in 8-9 days??

Only kiddin!!!!! I'm with ya, let's be proud of our accomplishments, just today I am feeling extra proud, I am 7lbs off being overweight. I have lost officially 2 and a half stone or 35lbs (but not putting it on tracker till tomorrow!) and my trousers are loose.

I am amazing and so are all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:glasses:
  • craftykimmer
    craftykimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love this post. YOU GO GIRL!!!! Hey, and while I'm at it, GO ME!!!! 6 pounds lost in 5 weeks, started boot camp and have not missed a class in a month!!!! Pretty amazing for this lazy butt.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I suppose no one likes a braggart. My husband and I paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years, but I have to be careful who I tell b/c not many people are all that happy for me. And they certainly don't want to hear it again. It's something we worked really hard for, and the only person I can gloat with is my husband. I think we should be able to brag all we want with our true friends, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

True friends are never envious of your success. That is a major accomplishment and if I were you, I would throw a freaking mortgage burning party and invite all the haters...lol. Congrats on your major accomplishment.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    you are too funny!! good for you! Brag on, sister!!!! :D

3.6 in 10 days-that is AMAZING!!!

Rock on!!!
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Hey, that is awesome!!! Way to go! People aren't happy for you because they know their own financial life isn't in order. be proud! That's a really cool accomplishment!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes (by one of my favorite authors) is "It isn't vanity to know your own good points. It would just be stupidity if you didn't." -- LM Montgomery.

I think it's a shame that knowing your good points and talking about them is automatically considered bragging. It isn't. It's called confidence, something so many people could use a lot more of.
  • osnapitzbri
    Options
    so true
  • laurs80
    laurs80 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for the totally motivating post!!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm SOOO glad I read your post today. I started MFP wearing a relatively tight size 16 back at the end of January. Today, I went into the GAP and bought a pair of pants - size 10! 2 way stretch, but a t0! A little tight in the backside, but a 10! And I really wanted to tell someone but couldn't figure out who. Basically, I was looking for praise but you're right - I can damn well praise myself. Whoo-hoo!! I rock!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    OOPS!! This was supposed to be attached to the earlier post by the person who said she had paid off her mortage in 5 years. I'm still figuring out this posting thing - sorry!!!:blushing:

I envy you, but I think it's amazing. If we were close friends, I'd be sitting down with you to find out how you did it, to see if I could steal some of your ideas to help my own finances. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you, and you should defintely be celebrating and PROUD! Proud of yourself, proud of your husband, and proud of what you accomplished together.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!