Thighs..?

Options
So my thighs used to rub together all the time. Standing, walking, running, whatever i was doing.
Now they no longer touch when I stand with my feet hip width apart, but still rub a little when I walk, as they aren't toned enough.
Are there any exercises you'd recommend to tone them up? (:

Replies

• mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    Pliques, maybe. Like a bowed out lunge. I think it's used in ballet. That's the only thing I can think of. I'm sure there are more inner thigh exercises, but I know this has helped slim mine down a little. GL.
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges and more squats.......

and even more weight loss...
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    squats. put your feet shoulder whidth and do about 10 squats, and the 5 fast, put your feet together and do 10, 5 fast, then wide squats 10, and 5. lunges also help
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    Mine don't touch anymore but they are still flabby all down my leg but thankfully I don't wear shorts. And even years ago I got down to 107 I still had saddle bags never got rid of them and I was 5'7' I am more like 5'5" now. All the girls have saddle bags in the family. May lose fat in them but they never go away. :-( Do all women have that problem?
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Overall body fat reduction is what you are looking for. Check out the high intensity interval training HIIT. The research says this type of training burns up to 9 times more body fat than traditional steady state cardio. I have experienced a noticeable reduction in my thighs since I started this with my running.
  • flyingintheskyiamfly
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Overall body fat reduction is what you are looking for. Check out the high intensity interval training HIIT. The research says this type of training burns up to 9 times more body fat than traditional steady state cardio. I have experienced a noticeable reduction in my thighs since I started this with my running.

I'm not looking to spot reduce, I'm continuing to lose overall weight, I just want to tone them more (:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think Running ... :) My opinion! !
  • flyingintheskyiamfly
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't run because of a leg injury. I used to jog :/
  • FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't run because of a leg injury. I used to jog :/

Me too! I feel your pain! I would just keep up the good work, basically what's been said already. I'm in the same boat, I can feel a little difference in my thunder thighs, but they still rub a bit and I HATE IT!