Options
Sick of not liking how I look in clothes
Sick of being ashamed to go swimming
Sick of being the fat girl in the room
Want to travel and not have to use extenders on airplanes
Want to hike where we travel and not feel exhausted after .5 mile
Sick of feeling unsexy
Must eliminate the risk of diabetes, heart/stroke
Being fat is connected to cancer---too many risk factors in my genetics to ignore this
Want to enjoy retirement
Want to learn how to tango

Replies

• kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a small size clothing and try it every other week if i were you!
  • jlopez7469
    jlopez7469 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome reasons. Don’t forget to take measurements and picture they’re a great way to see changes happening with your body.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Many of those reasons are the same as mine.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    "Sick of being the fat girl in the room."
    Honey, same.

Hanging out with friends, being with family, at work, even walking around I always feel like the heaviest person. The worst is at family dinners with my fiance's family - I'm the heaviest woman there and yet the 2nd youngest. Doesn't help that his younger brothers girlfriend is a beautiful petite blonde - sure makes me feel like the whale of the "partners" in the family.

I agree with trying on smaller clothing to help track your progress. If you've been a smaller size in the past and still have some of those clothes, try them on every few weeks! I'm not a big fan of looking at the scale - the mirror and my clothes tell me all I need to know! I had been gaining steadily for 5 years before starting to work out and eat better last month, so my first step is currently aiming at fitting into a pair of jeans from 2014.

Good luck!