365 days logged in!

Options
melizerd
melizerd Posts: 870 Member
In a row!! I'm so amazed. At this time last year I weighed 242lbs (I'm 5'7") and my birthday is August 7th, so I was just getting ready to turn 28. I woke up suddenly one day and decided "I am NOT going to be this way anymore" and buckled down. I could only use my elliptical machine for 5 min at a time (so I did it twice a day lol), i couldn't run because my knees hurt so badly.

I have lost 71lbs in 1 year (1.3lbs a week is the average). I now am in week 7 of C25K, I bike 6-7 miles several times a week. I lift weights, I eat healthier. I PAY ATTENTION. I never feel like I've missed out on anything either. At the beginning I admit I did feel like I was missing out, but that's because I hadn't learned how to really control myself to just have a small piece of cake, or just a handful of chips, etc so I avoided them completely.

My birthday is on Sunday and I'm not even having a cake, because I realized I don't really LIKE cake. Instead I've requested a Lemon Merange Pie because I do love that, but I will still just have a small piece and be thrilled.

I do not have "cheat" days, I find a way to never go over maintenance calories even on a wild and crazy fun weekend away. I work out 6 or 7 days a week no matter what, no matter how hot it is, or how lazy I feel. I am one of those people that are out there running in 90* Heat when the humidity is 90%, and I LOVE IT!!!

The difference a year can make. I never thought I could get this far, I never thought I could actually do this but I did. :D

Before, and I have to link them because photobucket thinks they move in 5 seconds otherwise:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/melickit/Weight loss/IMG_0421.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/melickit/Weight loss/IMG_0422.jpg

July 16th for a wedding (Official weigh in pictures aren't til 75lbs lost):
2dbd790c.jpg
00074dad.jpg

Replies

• beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. What an inspiration!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're lookin hot mama!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    great job!! and congrats on 365 days!
  • lbardranch
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! yOU'VE WORKED HARD!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and major accomplishment! You have really inspired me today, thank you! I've been plugging along for just over a month, losing a pound or so a week and feeling like UGH! This is going to take FORever. But I see where you're at, and that a year has flown by, and I know I can do it too! You've really given me a boost today, thank you for sharing! And have a very happy birthday!
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great...the transformation is amazing!
  • lupitaprz89
    Options
    Congrats! You are a huge inspiration :) so amazing.
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are an inspiration to all!!
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are INCREDIBLE!

Mel, what you have done for yourself and your family is truly amazing. However, I also have to commend you for what you have done for others. You have offered sound advice, have been incredibly supportive, and have been realistic. You have become the sage. :):)

Congratulations!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    aww Patriot ;) Thanks so much. I FEEL like a very different person now. I feel more alive honestly. I feel like I could do anything and be anything (which is good since I'm in school to be a nurse).

I'm looking for new and fun challenges for myself and I look for excuses to DO things! I had no idea how run down I was just from the extra weight.
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is amazing and you look amazing! Love the dedication! Good job and keep it going! :)
  • maparapa22
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's amazaing to see the dedication...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    My birthday is also on August 7th!!
  • osnapitzbri
    Options
    CONGRATS:happy:
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! I hope to be where you are in a year... you're definitely doing it the RIGHT WAY!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!