I need you

Options
So not only do i want to lose weight because I'm tired of always being the fattest person in the room, but now my man says im too fat and he will leave if i dont change it. Im devastated. Now i feel like i cant eat anything. I dont know what to do. I have always been fat. Could never stick to a diet. Im lazy. I also have pcos which i guess makes it harder to lose weight. I need help. I need guidance i cant do this alone. Someone . anyone please help me.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There's a lot going on here. I want to reassure you that if you want to lose weight, you can still eat!

When you say you can't stick to a diet, tell us more about what that means. Maybe we can help. What kinds of diets have you tried in the past?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Lose the diet mentality and just go for a small calorie deficit instead. It is totally doable and there is no need to starve yourself. All you need is a goal of say two pounds a week. It will take weeks if not months to "see" any difference but the cumulative effect will add up. You can do it for him if you like but you need to do it for you. Years of excess weight will take a toll on your body. Start now and over time you will succeed. Make it a multi pronged attack, portion control, better quality foods and exercise. You see your goal now go after it!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I suspect, from your username, you have the munchies a lot? Maybe you could start there.

I was thinking that too, sorry.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are going through this. It's hard enough to maintain your weight during the Holidays, much less being pressured or scared into loosing. It must be very stressful. Stand back and look at the situation. Maybe eating at maintenance over the holidays instead of over indulging is the way you need to go for the next 2 weeks. Then sit down and make a plan for 2018, a realistic non-pressured one.

As far as the man goes... well I'm not going to go there, but having a supportive partner makes all the difference in the world. When I started my weight loss journey, I talked to my husband about it and if he would want me to lose weight. He said, "Wait one minute. I think you are beautiful and will love you no matter what size you are. If you want to lose weight, you make sure you do it for YOU, not me." That made me want to lose weight more than if he told me 'yes, I'd like you to lose weight'. He cheers me on for every single pound I lose. He also keeps me accountable, and he eats what I eat... um to a certain extent anyway.
    I hope that helps a little bitty bit at least.
    Healthy energy being sent your way. :)
  • LilFoxtrot
    LilFoxtrot Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dump the man and immediately lose 200 useless pounds

^ quick weight loss guide

Your choice to lose weight needs to be for yourself and your wants and your needs. Not the wants of others. A spouse is suppose to be the first line of support in your life and if they're not going to support you then maybe you don't need them. I'd definitely discuss this with him and how his statement has made you feel about things.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    So not only do i want to lose weight because I'm tired of always being the fattest person in the room, but now my man says im too fat and he will leave if i dont change it. Im devastated. Now i feel like i cant eat anything. I dont know what to do. I have always been fat. Could never stick to a diet. Im lazy. I also have pcos which i guess makes it harder to lose weight. I need help. I need guidance i cant do this alone. Someone . anyone please help me.

Lose the weight for you to make yourself healthier and happier, not for someone else. I'm sorry your man is saying hurtful things. Relationships are hard enough without the comments. I'm working hard, have lost a lot of weight (60 pounds before and since MFP), and I'm working but struggling to lose more. I log almost daily. (Anyone) Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Dump him like a hot potato.
    Set some future goals. Start slowly.
    Stay focused daily, especially when the motivation ends and the drive is low on gas. Keep pushing forward.
    Do it for YOURSELF and your HEALTH. Because if this is for looks and a boy, there's a good chance you won't last long. Add some helpful friends (even MFP friends!) to your life and enjoy the journey.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Get rid of that man! Lose excess pounds for your own health and happiness. He is surplus to requirements. Take charge of your body and your life on all levels.
    You will find help, friends and encouragement here on MFP. Happy weight loss! :)
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Dump the guy. I had an ex like that. I left him less than 2 weeks before our wedding. It was hard and I lost a TON of money both in our house, debt, and of course the wedding but I am so glad I ditched him and his controlling behavior. Don’t let any man make you feel like you’re not worth it because of your weight. Ditch him and focus on yourself and your health!
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what his weight is. I've seen a trend of guys getting mad their girl isn't super fit and yet they have a huge gut that they somehow don't hate themselves for.

I don't know what tone he used toward you, but there is a big difference between a fit and a fat partner telling their SO to lose weight.

And its just a hard topic in general.

All of this aside, does he realize the safe fastest weight loss is 2lb/week? I hope he isn't expecting a 1 month transformation.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

If you are ready and want to lose weight you can. I'm not going to talk about your relationship issues.
    Expect it to take time to lose weight and keep it off. Don't expect to drop large amounts fast.

Weight loss is about having a calorie deficit. You can create a calorie deficit by reducing calorie intake, increasing activity (calorie burn) or both. Even with pcos. There are others with that condition here who have succesfully lost. Search the board.
    Put your information into MFP and choose a reasonable goal like 1 lb a week.
    You should start with just logging what you normally eat and sticking to your calorie goal not changing your food dramatically. You want to eat in a way you can sustain. You can alter your diet in small steps like getting more protein or having more vegetables on your plate.

You may find some of these threads helpful:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10359984/women-menstrual-cycle-weight-and-fitness-matters/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10575000/water-weight-gain-stop-panicking#latest
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10532249/do-you-eat-what-you-want/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10232335/list-of-higher-protein-foods
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had to cut out the 420 in my life. It made me lazy. It made me mindlessly eat. It actually started giving me panic attacks. Now it’s just very occasionally, when I’m going to be doing massive manual labor. Then it helps me focus without munchies.

Also, the stickies provided by @Lounmoun helped me, and many many others, greatly. I’d start there.

Good luck!!
  • piscesjoey
    piscesjoey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well for starters you can lose a lot of weight fast by dumping his insensitive *kitten* as you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. A real man would support & build up his woman whether they're skinny or fat.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    piscesjoey wrote: »
    Well for starters you can lose a lot of weight fast by dumping his insensitive *kitten* as you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. A real man would support & build up his woman whether they're skinny or fat.

^ He does have a point!!