Normal BMI

Options
Cbaka27
Cbaka27 Posts: 35 Member
Brag post….274 days ago I was sitting at the dinner table enjoying a large #1 value meal from McDonalds. I did not give a second thought to the calories or what I had already eaten that day. I was just enjoying the special sauce and frys. Angie was talking about an app she had on her phone that tracked her calories and it sparked my interest. I downloaded MyFitnessPal to my phone and put in my personal stats. For fun I set it up to lose 2 lbs a week. To do that I had to keep my net calories under 1530 per day. My dinner was 1300 and when I added the rest of the days food I had around 3k for the day. It made me think so the next day I used the app to log everything I ate. Day two I starved myself and ate 2100 calories. For some reason the challenge was on for me and I started to log everything I ate before it went into my mouth. I also decided to try and drink a gallon of water a day!!!! It’s a good think I work from home because I spent a TON of time in the bathroom doing that.
Nine months later I stepped on the scale and I am in the “normal” BMI range. I have lost 67.7 lbs and have 2.3 lbs to go to reach my goal. I have learned a ton on this journey but the most important thing is that diets don’t work. I know that cliché but it’s true. I was able to eat food I enjoy every week if not every day. I never cut out Pizza, Café Rio, Ice Cream, Betos, or any of the other foods I really enjoy. I just had to plan on the calories and adjust so I could still eat what I liked. I was also able to make it through BBQ season, Halloween, and the eating Holidays. For me MyFitnessPal really works. I did not find it hard to log and track my calories. It worked great with my Fitbit (I have been using this for several years) to track my movement and give me extra calories per day.
I have tracked my calories, exercise, and caloric deficit the entire time. On average I have eaten 1442 calories per day. With my exercise which was nothing more than walking more per day (tried to average 13k per day) I was in a 1076 avg caloric deficit per day.
I’m not done because I really want to hit my goal weight of 70 lbs lost but I also don’t see myself not logging my food going forward. Being accountable to something (my app) made all the difference in the world. I saw something last week the biggest enemy to weight loss is calorie amnesia. I realized early in the process how many calories I would eat and not give it a second thought. 2017 has been a good year. I am healthier and added the final member to my family. Calories in/Calories out…. it’s that simple or at least it was for me. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and thanks to those who have dropped of treats at our door. I still eat them!!!!!

Replies

• juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Nice story, great result congratulations :)
  • Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome !! keep it up in no time you will get that goal of yours to reach 70 lbs lost. You are so close you can do it !!!
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats, best thoughts for the rest of your goal in the new year. You can do it!!!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! And that first pic is hilarious.

Kudos to you for not only being successful but for not over-complicating the process and following the simplicity of CICO. Congrats!
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Years off!!! Great job!!!
  • furiousmunchkin
    furiousmunchkin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's inspiring! Great job!
  • Cbaka27
    Cbaka27 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Wow, you look great! And that first pic is hilarious.

Kudos to you for not only being successful but for not over-complicating the process and following the simplicity of CICO. Congrats!

For me that has been the best part about MFP. Its so simple and easy to follow. CI/CO. Nothing more. People have asked how I did it and then they don't believe me when I tell them.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story is inspiring! Great job!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations on your success and thanks for the inspiration! You’re looking great! :)
  • Coffeelover1264
    Coffeelover1264 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are a big inspiration to those of us just starting out! Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!