Workout DVDs and Videos

Options
What are some of your favorite workout DVDs or YouTube videos? Something affordable would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Check your library. See if they do inter-library loans. I've borrowed some great DVDs. Jillian Michaels, The Firm, Denise Austin, Cathe Friedrich, Turbo Jam, Focus T25, PiYo and much more.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender...various ranges in difficulty and accessible for people with no equipment. Their website is easy to navigate and use. The individual videos are free, but you have to pay for some of the multi-week programs, but even that fee is relatively cheap compared to other programs on the market.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any moral issue with using BitTorrent sites, you can find programs like P90X, Insanity and others at absolutely no cost.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i LOVED insanity, and P90X3, i also have jillian michaels 30DS and a couple of others
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels kickboxing, kettlebells, blast fat and trouble zones workouts. Awesome! I also really like Jessica Smith's Metabolism Booster workout.
  • shampbj
    shampbj Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Do a search for Leslie Sansone on YouTube. You'll find a range of walking workouts (basically gentle aerobics) in 1 mile (15 min.), 2 mile (30 min.), 3 mile (45 min.) and 4 mile (60 min.). And all free!
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Diamond Dallas Page Yoga - This Ain't Your Mama's Yoga. Its helped me with my back and hip issues and improved mobility and flexibility.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I used to be the workout vhs queen. Kari Anderson, Karen Voight. Corey Everson. The Firm. Billy Blanks.

I'm sure now, 10 years later, there are a lot of really great new ones, though.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I really like Beachbody workouts, Insanity and Turbofire are my faves, followed by P90X. I like Beachbody on Demand, You can do all kinds of their workouts just streaming them for a pretty decent price, no need to mess with all their other bs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What are some of your favorite workout DVDs or YouTube videos? Something affordable would be great! Thanks!

JessicaSmithTV is great (YouTube) - she has lots of variety. YouTube is a great starting point, you can test drive workouts to find what you like.

http://jessicasmithtv.com/

Before $pending a lot on pricey set....go to the library. Look for trial streaming (January's coming). Don't commit before you have some sort of idea what you are looking for. We all have different tastes....for example I love Jessica Smith, but can't stand Jillian Michaels.

Also, if you haven't exercised in awhile, your fitness level will pick up quickly at first. Don't spend on beginner if you don't have to.