Christmas Cards

Options
Every year we receive several of those family/kid photo Christmas cards. After I take down decorations I put those cards in the recycle bin with all the others, but I feel guilty about this. Curious to know what everyone else does. :/

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    We don't get many and most of them are family and friends from out of state so I leave them up on my fridge all year round and look at them (the pictures) every time I fill up my water.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I have this big box in one of the drawers of my room size desk........they all go in there.

I do send out cards to.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Everybody is different. We toss ours after the holidays.

However, my wife has every card or letter I ever sent her from the day I met her. 28 years ago.

I open, read and toss every card she has ever sent me. Don't love her any less than she loves me, but we're wired different.

I keep all the cards and letters that my husband has given me over the last 20 years (there are not a lot), and he tosses the ones I give him. I understand what you are saying.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Everybody is different. We toss ours after the holidays.

However, my wife has every card or letter I ever sent her from the day I met her. 28 years ago.

I open, read and toss every card she has ever sent me. Don't love her any less than she loves me, but we're wired different.

I keep all the cards and letters that my husband has given me over the last 20 years (there are not a lot), and he tosses the ones I give him. I understand what you are saying.

You guys are married aren’t you
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    @monkeymel21 do you toss them or keep them after you get new ones?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I only open them to see if there's a check inside.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    @monkeymel21 do you toss them or keep them after you get new ones?

Toss
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    I send out 50 Christmas cards every year - each personally signed, addressed, sealed and stamped. I thought about stopping, but I have received so many comments from the people that I send them to that they love receiving them.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I send out 50 Christmas cards every year - each personally signed, addressed, sealed and stamped. I thought about stopping, but I have received so many comments from the people that I send them to that they love receiving them.

Would you consider adding me to your list?
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I love receiving them, if that matters, lol. But I'm not organized enough to send out my own. We've never even had regular family pictures done and my son is 8 now.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    I begin working on them the day after Thanksgiving and I get them in the mail on December 1st. We don't have children, so I am able to sit down in the evening with a beer and do them.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options

They all say the same thing anyway, right?

Some of the ones with photos might be worth keeping.... you know, if the mom is really hot.

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Toss only ones I keep are personalized ones
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I've never received one. There are very few cards I keep, though.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I send them for recycling in the new year but I'm finding people are sending less and less cards each year which is a pity... and I don't care much for ecards :|
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I read them and then toss them in the recycle bin. I wish I were organized enough to send out cards.