Belly Dancing

Options
I would love to start getting into belly dancing. Im a beginner and don't know what DVD to start with. Can you help me please?? I went to youtube but really couldn't find too much. Im kinda slow so it would be great if i could get one that explains everything. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I would love to start getting into belly dancing. Im a beginner and don't know what DVD to start with. Can you help me please?? I went to youtube but really couldn't find too much. Im kinda slow so it would be great if i could get one that explains everything. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Kathy Smith has one...I think it explains pretty well because my stepmom is totally tone deaf and does it:bigsmile:
  • aasta
    aasta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought a DVD titled You Can Belly Dance- Absolute Beginner. It has step by step instructions- and a a learn and practice section. It is great for beginning! Happy dancing!!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    that sounds like so much fun! :laugh: I need to try that!
  • nyja33
    nyja33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One I love is Belly Dance Fitness for Beginners. Amazon has it for about $10.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Kathy Smith has one...I think it explains pretty well because my stepmom is totally tone deaf and does it:bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: Guess I can get that one too
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

ha-ha I havent tried it yet Im to busy doing the roll-out with Shaun T *Hip Hop Abs* lol
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options

ha-ha I havent tried it yet Im to busy doing the roll-out with Shaun T *Hip Hop Abs* lol

Gotta check that one out too!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My favorite Belly Dance video is called "My Personal Trainer"... I believe it's by Rania.

The Bellydance Twins, Neena and Veena (I think that's it), have some good ones too.

If you are simply looking for technique DVDs, then check out the ones by the Bellydance Superstars :)