Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

365 days logged in!

melizerd
melizerd Posts: 870 Member
In a row!! I'm so amazed. At this time last year I weighed 242lbs (I'm 5'7") and my birthday is August 7th, so I was just getting ready to turn 28. I woke up suddenly one day and decided "I am NOT going to be this way anymore" and buckled down. I could only use my elliptical machine for 5 min at a time (so I did it twice a day lol), i couldn't run because my knees hurt so badly.

I have lost 71lbs in 1 year (1.3lbs a week is the average). I now am in week 7 of C25K, I bike 6-7 miles several times a week. I lift weights, I eat healthier. I PAY ATTENTION. I never feel like I've missed out on anything either. At the beginning I admit I did feel like I was missing out, but that's because I hadn't learned how to really control myself to just have a small piece of cake, or just a handful of chips, etc so I avoided them completely.

My birthday is on Sunday and I'm not even having a cake, because I realized I don't really LIKE cake. Instead I've requested a Lemon Merange Pie because I do love that, but I will still just have a small piece and be thrilled.

I do not have "cheat" days, I find a way to never go over maintenance calories even on a wild and crazy fun weekend away. I work out 6 or 7 days a week no matter what, no matter how hot it is, or how lazy I feel. I am one of those people that are out there running in 90* Heat when the humidity is 90%, and I LOVE IT!!!

The difference a year can make. I never thought I could get this far, I never thought I could actually do this but I did. :D

Before, and I have to link them because photobucket thinks they move in 5 seconds otherwise:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/melickit/Weight loss/IMG_0421.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/melickit/Weight loss/IMG_0422.jpg

July 16th for a wedding (Official weigh in pictures aren't til 75lbs lost):
2dbd790c.jpg
00074dad.jpg

Replies

• beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Congratulations. What an inspiration!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Great job! You're lookin hot mama!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    great job!! and congrats on 365 days!
  • Congrats!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    CONGRATS! yOU'VE WORKED HARD!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Congratulations on your hard work and major accomplishment! You have really inspired me today, thank you! I've been plugging along for just over a month, losing a pound or so a week and feeling like UGH! This is going to take FORever. But I see where you're at, and that a year has flown by, and I know I can do it too! You've really given me a boost today, thank you for sharing! And have a very happy birthday!
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    What an inspiration you are!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    WOW you look great...the transformation is amazing!
  • Congrats! You are a huge inspiration :) so amazing.
  • Congratulations!! You are an inspiration to all!!
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    You are INCREDIBLE!

Mel, what you have done for yourself and your family is truly amazing. However, I also have to commend you for what you have done for others. You have offered sound advice, have been incredibly supportive, and have been realistic. You have become the sage. :):)

Congratulations!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    aww Patriot ;) Thanks so much. I FEEL like a very different person now. I feel more alive honestly. I feel like I could do anything and be anything (which is good since I'm in school to be a nurse).

I'm looking for new and fun challenges for myself and I look for excuses to DO things! I had no idea how run down I was just from the extra weight.
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Congratulations!! That is amazing and you look amazing! Love the dedication! Good job and keep it going! :)
  • Congratulations!! It's amazaing to see the dedication...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    My birthday is also on August 7th!!
  • CONGRATS:happy:
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    You look FANTASTIC!!! I hope to be where you are in a year... you're definitely doing it the RIGHT WAY!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!