Muscle pain?

Options
ok, so now that I have added exercise into my lifestyle change, i hurt! lol tops of my thighs and the outer part of my shins hurt. no pain no gain, but my question is this, will that ever subside, or do you just get used to the pain?

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If it's PAIN, then no. You shouldn't get used to it. If it's an ache or soreness then yes:) Drink your water and maybe have a stretching day with yoga or pilates.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    soreness does get better, even after being active for a while if i change my routine up i can have a few days of soreness. ibuprophen works the best for me and lots and lots of water.
  • mistbrown
    mistbrown Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First off, great job on your progress so far. Chaning things up does usually equal soreness. I have found a light day of stretching and plenty of water usually helps. If it keep up, you may want to see your doctor to make sure something isn't wrong.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If it's PAIN, then no. You shouldn't get used to it. If it's an ache or soreness then yes:) Drink your water and maybe have a stretching day with yoga or pilates.

This is correct. If it is actual pain, something might be wrong and you might want to see your doctor. If it is soreness and it is so bad you find it difficult to walk or move until it goes away, you are probably training too hard at this point. A little soreness is ok, it let's you know something is happening. Too much is problematic
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hurt and sore are two differnt things. If you have a pain that hurts you might want to back down (possably have it checked out). if your just sore, then add some Yoga type moves to your week to stretch out those sore body parts.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    lol, my legs were in mad pain when I started doing lunges (aka the devil), it took two weeks of doing them 5 days a week for the soreness to subside. Now I have the knowledge that they must of gotten stronger which is pretty satisfying. EAT PROTEIN!
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Its definitely soreness, feels like a bruise almost! lol I can walk and what not, i was just worried if I went on my walk today i wouldnt be able to move tomorrow. Its nice to know my body will adjust to the exercise, I loved the walk, getting outside in the fresh air, just want it to be enjoyable not painful lol Thanks for the responses everyone! You all rock my socks! =D