Newbie 1 month in

Options
Hi all started using MFP about 1 month ago 17 pound weight loss so far but I have stalled now for 1 week no loss no gain sticking to my goals being 100% honest with what I eat and write down. I cycle daily for fitness eat back some of th ecals but leave 500-750 each day to try to help my weight loss but still no more loss ideas please :)

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    17 pounds is a lot. Cant expect that rate to continue. First few pounds are always a little easier to shed. 2 lbs a week is a pretty safe number to lose

How much cycling are you doing? Are those leftover calories a result of not eating back the exercise cals, or are you under-eating your daily allowance?

• stonedog1
    stonedog1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I cycle 20-35 miles a day and 40-50 at the weekends with 1 day of in the week. The cals I leave of are cycling cals I eat back about 60% of my cycling cals or I just feel drained/get injuries
  • stonedog1
    Options
    I am new at this :) I'm going to lose 83lb in total as I'm currently very over weight thank you for saying a week stall is normal I was starting to think I was doing something wrong. I will just keep sticking with the basics keep counting keep cycling and keep being honest with myself :)
  • stonedog1
    Options
    Well i kept being honest with myself have since switched from cycling to the gym and now that 17lb loss is a 49lb loss 34lb to go.
  • Xelbabe
    Xelbabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    congrats!