ladies and leggings question...

Options

Replies

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I wear underwear under my leggings. I buy a thinner type and don't have any lines that I can notice. I also try to buy thicker leggings. The black leggings that I love can get a little see through if you're bending over, so I make sure to wear black underwear with them.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I wear a thong to workout. Usually I wear yoga pants instead of leggings though and it totally depends what workout I’m doing on if I’m going to wash my yoga pants after every workout. Doing actual yoga or body flow I don’t sweat. Zumba or a hard cardio I will wash them.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Also upvote for please wash your workout gear after each wear.

Yes!! I'm sweaty, other people using machines that I'm now sitting on are sweaty...workout clothes get washed every single time. I'll gladly do the extra laundry!
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I missed my change to edit my comment.... "surprised by people who don't realize people don't wear underwear"

Like- I've never worn real underwear under my leggings- never. TOO MUCH FABRIC! LOL

Isnt it annoying to have to wash it after every use though?! I wear my pants like 3 or 4 times before I wash them lol.

tkss0jwtbh7j.jpg

I don't sweat at all! And don't wear leggings that stick to me.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I wear form fitting leggings to work out, that are not see through, I test them before I wear them outside of my home haha. But I don't wear anything under them. I think because I tend to wear thongs usually and I found it was just super uncomfortable to work out in a thong no matter what kind of pants I'm wearing.
  • MACnCHEESEY
    MACnCHEESEY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fabletics heavier weight leggings and Under Armor microfiber thong. No one will see anything you don't intend to show, your bits will be able to breathe and it's all like second skin--so comfy, no issue doing any workout including couch surfing and cute enough to wear out.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how the pants are constructed, how the gusset is placed, or if there isn't one. It also depends on activity and what you find to be comfortable. No gusset=usually a thong, good quality pants with a comfortable gusset might=no undies. However, it was that TOM and I was worried about leaks, so I wore bikini undies last time under my leggings to lift. Today I wore old navy crop leggings and no undies...
  • Nisnevyar2018
    Nisnevyar2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Might be too much of a TMI question....BUT I'm just curious, do you wear underwear with your leggings?! I don't wear leggings when I workout, I've always just worn loose sweats or baggy pants. I like the way leggings look but I'm too paranoid about them being see through while doing squats or underwear lines.

I wear underwear with leggings. I just don't mind the underwear lines. Or maybe u can buy a leggings that cloth thicker.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    People wear leggings without underwear?!? :-O

I swear some girls just don't have ANY lines showing what so ever! It makes me assume that it's normal not to lol

You can also get seamless underwear that don’t show under leggings if you don’t want lines or to wear a thong :smiley:
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The active wear pants/leggings I purchased through Victoria's Secret are nice and thick, so I do not wear anything underneath. I tried to wear a thong a couple times and it was so uncomfortable. I usually do kickboxing so maybe it was just too much movement.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My leggings are also fleece lined, and I wear long shirts and undies with them. My daughter wears as pants, and as long as they fit properly and aren't worn thin, they look fine, but she wears undies, just in case. If I can see the pattern of her undies, then the legging go away from lol.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I think some girls wear thongs under them... I buy seamless bikini style underwear and wear that. Usually I have thick enough leggings that it isn't a huge issue though. Anyone staring at my butt at the gym has their priorities in the wrong place. (even though i guess I couldn't blame them... ;))
  • crysgabriela
    crysgabriela Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    seamless undies all the way! if you dont wear underwear under your leggings im pretty sure you will get really bad cameltoe. also, i found REALLY great leggings on amazon.com that are under $20! https://www.amazon.com/TM-FYP52-BLK_Large-Tesla-High-Waist-Control-Hidden/dp/B077P1VK75/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1513994531&sr=8-4&keywords=tesla+leggings
    give them a shot! you will not be let down.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I can’t stand being commando.
    If you are wearing synthetic fabric leggings, those are usually quite opaque. I’ve always found the cotton ones are the ones prone to being see thru
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Might be too much of a TMI question....BUT I'm just curious, do you wear underwear with your leggings?! I don't wear leggings when I workout, I've always just worn loose sweats or baggy pants. I like the way leggings look but I'm too paranoid about them being see through while doing squats or underwear lines.

I do, but I always wear darkly colored, seamless ones, for comfort.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I don't own a single pair of underwear besides thongs. Can't imagine anything else being comfortable. But, yes I wear thongs with my leggings or Nike Pro shorts. And yes, they are washed after every use.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,680 Member
    Options
    My vote: Wear what's comfortable for you. Any other person in the gym who notices *anything* (pruriently or otherwise) is not working out hard enough, and is beneath your consideration, truly.

Personally, I wear inexpensive but sturdy cotton blend gray Danskin leggings or yoga pants from Walmart (cheap, durable, comfy) over cotton granny briefs (Fruit of the Loom, Hanes) because lady parts like to breathe . . . and I don't care who knows it, even though none of that is see-through.

I'm not there to look at others; if they're looking critically at me, it's their problem. *Baby feline* 'em.