Need help with losing weight

Options
I’ve always wanted to lose weight, even when I was way thinner then I am now. Two years ago I put on psychiatric medication, ambilify. Now I’m on Seriquil, and Trileptal. I know being on those meds made me gain a lot of weight. I weigh 198 pounds and really want to get down to like 140. But I always end up not going through with dieting and exercise. I don’t know what kind of diet to follow, what to eat, etc. I was hoping maybe someone could help me, and teach me some tricks.

Replies

• jjtweb
    jjtweb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Use the profile set up and it will tell you how many calories to eat and how much exercise to lose the number of pounds you want. Then just follow it. You can do it without exercise but it helps.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There are no tricks - losing weight comes down to eating less calories than your body requires. You don't need to eat specific food, or follow a certain diet - eating sufficient protein and fat is a good idea, as well as eating nutritious food most of the time, to maintain your health and body functions.

Enter your stats to get a calorie goal for weight loss (you may want to start with 1-1.5lbs per week).

Get a food scale - use this to weigh all solids you eat.

Get some measuring cups/spoons to use for liquids.

Log everything, using accurate database entries (check them against the packaging or nutrition info online)

If you exercise, input this info as well - it will earn you extra calories. A lot of the calorie burns for exercise can be inflated, so consider eating back only a portion of these. (50% is often recommended)