I *really* want to log my weight today...

2»

Replies

• stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Marking your mini-goals with little rewards that have a meaningful connection to you and your weight loss journey is way cool! I love the idea. I have about 180 pounds to loose and when I think of it that way, it's way too overwhelming, so I've been breaking it into mini-goals of 15 pounds or so. I think your idea of rewards with a deeper meaning will be highly motivating for me and will help me "climb this mountain".
    So congratulations on what you are doing for yourself and a BIG thank you for your inspiration in helping me on my own journey.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I weigh when ever I feel like it and always record it. So some times I weigh every day and sometimes I go 2 weeks without weighing (especially after a loss, I don't want to see it go back up). I have another nerdy excel plot (not the one I gave you) that plots all the weigh ins in one color and just the new lows in another.
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    I weigh everyday. It keeps me on track. I only log it though when I've lost (Gulp) or gained weight. Reward yourself. Enjoy your mini-goal!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    That's why I weigh everyday. My true weekly weigh ins are Tuesdays, but I don't always see a loss on those days. And I need all the motivation I can get. So if I see a loss on a Friday, damn skippy I'm logging it. Heck yea!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Marking your mini-goals with little rewards that have a meaningful connection to you and your weight loss journey is way cool! I love the idea. I have about 180 pounds to loose and when I think of it that way, it's way too overwhelming, so I've been breaking it into mini-goals of 15 pounds or so. I think your idea of rewards with a deeper meaning will be highly motivating for me and will help me "climb this mountain".
    So congratulations on what you are doing for yourself and a BIG thank you for your inspiration in helping me on my own journey.

You can totally do it!!! The way I see it is that the symbols are going to be right there in my face every day. It's not just "oh, look at teh nice thing I bought myself because I worked hard" ... it's more "look at the nice thing I bought myself ... this watch always reminds me that I'm making this change for reals."

If I felt like I were climbing a mountain, I'd probably buy myself this bracelet after an especially tough goal:

climbing-rope-chain-bracelet.jpg

;)
  • stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks! I love the bracelet. Also took a look at some of the other jewelry on the site. Love the climbing woman pin and the mountain pendant. All tangible symbols of the journey. Now, just to decide what should be my reward for my first mini goal. I'm only 4 lbs ahead and my goal has been to reach it before 9/15.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    i have an excel sheet where i input all my weight numbers in -- i check weight EVERY SINGLE MORNING on Wii Fit (some days I do miss because of things that come up but for the majority I check weight everyday!). I'm down 35.3 lbs since this morning. I'm PROUD of myself! I would make an excel sheet if I were you... I only post my weight on here on Saturdays. Sometimes I end up with a gain even tho I lost weight on the other days but I only post Saturdays on here. I was doing it everyday but then I told myself to only do it on Myfitnesspal on Saturdays since its a week then.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    I think your rewards are super cute! I love how they fit with the changes you're making. Great Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!