Momma who feels horrible!

Options
My weight is so out of control. I had a baby 9 months ago and can't stop gaining weight ever since. Now I am 300 pounds and I don't even know who I am anymore

Replies

• Ginaddict86
    Ginaddict86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I have a 2 year old little boy and I was 15.6 stone after I had him. I managed to slim down to 12.13 stone. Now I’m almost as heavy as ever. I totally understand everyone. I’m really angry with myself because I’m the only one to blame. I’ve decided I want to be 11 stone. I’m determined!! Let’s all do it together.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Now I am not a momma, but I can relate very strongly to stress eating. Once I moved out on my own hoooooly cow did the weight come in a hurry. Then a promotion came along with an insane amount of responsibility and boom, another 20lbs or so.
    But I really commend you for staring your journey, well done!
    You seem to have the right ideas in mind, meal planning is such a huge help it's not even funny. If I get lazy and don't prep, all hell breaks loose; along with a few buttons on the ol' pants! lol
    Otherwise I would say start easy, find some workout videos online so that way you can still stay home with baby if need be.
    Last but not least, having a good and strong support system is crucial!!! If you don't have support it is so easy to fall back into old habits (especially if you're like me and have zero will power).
    You're off to a good start momma, keep it up!!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you need more support add me and we can message. I know how feeling lonely can feel and doesn't help with trying to lose weight. I stress eat all the time and have two kids and my husband is around but barely see eachother with our jobs. But just know your doing amazing. Take it day by day. All the Weight worn just fall off over night but getting started is the first step girl. Your doing great
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that your postpartum depression has been recognized and diagnosed. You are not alone. I agree with so many of the bits of advice above. Pre-planning your meals is a great start. Little changes add up also.

I was very much in the same boat as you, got up to 329 with my pregnancy, lost a bit with breastfeeding (ok pumping), and then piled it right back on after I stopped. My daughter was 14 months old before I lost the "baby weight," and I had a great support network available in the house with me. Little Bit is my motivation for everything I do. I need not only to be healthy for her, but to lead by example. Your little guy is still young but will hit that monkey see-monkey do stage in no time, so use him as your motivation. (I must agree, he is darling!!)
    Stress eating is a very hard habit to break, I'm still working on it myself. Maybe keep the healthiest options on hand for those moments? Lastly, You are not alone. You are worth it.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! With my last baby, I had such bad HG I actually lost 15 lbs during the pregnancy. Then I gained FIFTY after he was born. I'm working on getting back on track!!

Ive cut out all drinks (except coffee and water... and Wine on the weekend, cause well I have kids and it's needed some times!) I cut out mindless after dinner snacking and work out for an hour when kiddo naps. It's slow progress, but I don't feel deprived. My PPD is lessening and I feel much better about myself!

You can do it! Do it for not only yourself but for your little one! Feel free to add me if you want some support and motivation!
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Heyyy, I am a tad over 5 months pp and holy smokes is it hard to find motivation to exercise while raising a little one. It was so much easier when my only child was 10 years old. But I’m also working on getting back on track with my eating. I gained more weight after birth then I did while pregnant. Add me if you want, I’m also trying to find my steam again. Just taking it one day at a time.
  • emilybeasley1
    emilybeasley1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! With my last baby, I had such bad HG I actually lost 15 lbs during the pregnancy. Then I gained FIFTY after he was born. I'm working on getting back on track!!

Ive cut out all drinks (except coffee and water... and Wine on the weekend, cause well I have kids and it's needed some times!) I cut out mindless after dinner snacking and work out for an hour when kiddo naps. It's slow progress, but I don't feel deprived. My PPD is lessening and I feel much better about myself!

You can do it! Do it for not only yourself but for your little one! Feel free to add me if you want some support and motivation!

I was the same way! I gained on 10 pounds when pregnant, and after I had my son that was gone again....... until now when I just blew up 40 pounds.
  • emilybeasley1
    Options
    nhoffman26 wrote: »
    Heyyy, I am a tad over 5 months pp and holy smokes is it hard to find motivation to exercise while raising a little one. It was so much easier when my only child was 10 years old. But I’m also working on getting back on track with my eating. I gained more weight after birth then I did while pregnant. Add me if you want, I’m also trying to find my steam again. Just taking it one day at a time.

It's super hard to find motivation!! I was the same way in gaining more weight after then when I was pregnant. It will be tough, but we can do this!!

• TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Post often, there are many that can relate........
  • sdurrahMpls
    sdurrahMpls Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I get it. I am a mom of 3. My youngest is 11 months. I've lost some of the weight, but it's difficult to make it work. I have somewhere between 30-50 to lose now. And demanding babies are the hardest thing I've ever experienced in my life. Its hard when you have a baby screaming, and you're trying to stick to a plan or a schedule, and keep a clean house, (a job if you're working), and exercise and eat well on top of that. Whew! Some women seem to drop the weight like it's nothing. With my oldest, I couldn't lose a thing until I went to the doctor, was diagnosed with pp depression, and took medication that helped me combat it. I didn't get the courage to do that until she was nearly 2 years old. The good news is that as soon as I got help for the depression, I was able to stick with my goals. I started exercising daily (mostly because they said it would help the antidepressants work better), and I logged EVERYTHING in MFP. It was the first time in my life that I wasn't on a diet. I ate normal food, and learned from other people here who were successfully losing. I ended up loosing 100 pounds and falling in love with a healthy lifestyle. The point is, YOU CAN DO IT! But take care of yourself with love first. When you truly love yourself, it will be easy to do things that are good for you rather than scrutinizing yourself and your mistakes. Hugs mama! You got this!
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've had two kids and both were C-sections. I'm in a foreign country with none of my family around and my husband tours for work. I had PND after both births. The first one hit me especially hard as it was an unplanned pregnancy, with a man (who is now my husband :) ) that I was with only a few months, I was 23, alone and had to deal with the healing process of the section. Also in Ireland where I lived sectioned women are banned from driving for 6weeks after giving birth which contributed to my total isolation as I live in a rural area.

I spiralled into the darkness and only took care of my firstborn out of fear of being shamed for negligence in the newspapers ( I suffered from Anxiety and panic attacks since my teenage years).

Food was the comfort, the enemy, the fuel and everything in between.

My youngest is 4yo now and it's only now that I found it in myself to do something about my wellbeing. I have lost 45lbs in the last year, I wear clothes that fit, i wax my legs on a regular basis, I spend money for myself instead of saving everything "just-in-case" and I just enjoy life more.

Sometimes it takes time to get into the right place in your head. And maybe before taking agressive weight loss steps, try to mind yourself. Get in a better place and learn to look forward to things to come.

• BeachFreak2016
    BeachFreak2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Exercise is so good for mental health, so do it for that reason and it'll help the weight too. Just start with walking, you can put the baby in the buggy and aim for 10,000 steps a day. Good luck!! I'm a stress/comfort eater too so can only lose weight if I'm in a good place mentally. Most of all, be kind to yourself x x
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    These responses are very helpful. Take in some of the advise and understand that you are not alone. Many people can relate and are here to support you:-)♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
  • emilybeasley1
    Options
    Thanks everyone