Holiday feelings

Options
I get sad and depressed during the Christmas holiday. I am not close with my family, i have no children or significant other. I try overcoming thess feelings with gratitude. I have a job that pays the bills and provide for the things i want and need in life.

Replies

• LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    *hugs* happy holidays and know you're never truly alone!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    mpowers26 wrote: »
    I get sad and depressed during the Christmas holiday. I am not close with my family, i have no children or significant other. I try overcoming thess feelings with gratitude. I have a job that pays the bills and provide for the things i want and need in life.

You have every right to feel sad at Christmas. It can be very lonely. Maybe get out and help others on Christmas Day and then you will have done some good and maybe made new friends. I did this as a lonely student many years ago and it helped me. Thinking of you and take care.
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! January 2 is right around the corner!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Having an ‘ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE”, despite your sadness, is a credit to to you.
    The fact you are working and contributing and doing something positive to improve your health...
    Are all POSITIVES!
    As part of your gratitude, you could consider, ‘Giving back’!
    Volunteer at a local shelter or church on Christmas Day and celebrate the season with others.
    The rewards are amazing and it is a wonderful way to meet to new people.
    Wishing you a blessed Christmas. <3
  • Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I annoy people with my voice. Why do choirs have to be all "on point". Make it fun, let the ugly duckling sing! :3
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you have when you feel something important is missing. Hope to see you out of the funk soon. Hugs.
  • eastsiderapids
    eastsiderapids Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    mpowers26 wrote: »

I could have written this myself. Merry Christmas. Hope you're having a better day today.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat :'(
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry that it’s hard for you, I know it’s a very tough season for a lot of people. I need to remember to seek out people who don’t have family this time of year and invite them over.