Looking for songs actually about working out and losing weight

Options
Infected_SnakeBites
Infected_SnakeBites Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2017 in Motivation and Support
I listen to music for the lyrics so generic fast, fun, upbeat songs with bass aren't motivating for me, they're just as monotonous as trying to work out while listening to someone tap on a table. I tried listening to podcast and use run! zombies to break up my playlist but I've been listening to the same songs for over 5 years and I really need a change of pace. Most of my songs on my old playlist were about anorexia and I'm worried that it'll effect my recovery. It took forever to find enough songs that were a man singing about his anorexia to last a whole workout and it's painful to delete them but I want to move on.

I need songs from male singers about getting better, becoming physically strong, or losing weight, the songs also can't be about women or mention women. The only songs I have currently are Son of Man by Phil Collins and Body by Young and Giant.

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I can no longer find an acceptable version , but always liked " Go You Chicken Fat, Go Away".
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like Placebo "Passive Agressive" for that.
  • rayyyp
    rayyyp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Follow my play list on spotify named “let’s get fit” by Rachel Pham. Most of them are hip hop rap and trap songs.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    How about that song by Chumbawamba, with the lyrics "I get knocked down but I get up again." ?
  • Pittie66
    Pittie66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Songs that motivate me when I run are Eminen’s “Till I Collapse” and Cinderella Man”.
  • Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Timber. The beat, not the lyrics.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    til i collapse is a good one.
    Pittie66 wrote: »
    Songs that motivate me when I run are Eminen’s “Till I Collapse” and Cinderella Man”.

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can look for cover songs done by males as well. My playlist is very similar to your criteria, but all the songs are done by women. My favorite one (because the lyrics are very meaningful) is Younger Now by Miley Cyrus. I googled and there is a male cover of it as well.