Getting over a plateau

Options
icem6400
icem6400 Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I have been on the atkins diet induction phase for at least 2 good months. The last 3 weeks I have hit one hell of a plateau. So I started doing some research as to what went wrong after losing weight at first so consistently. And much to my surprise I realize that the diet I started out doing had morphed into something else. I had inadvertently changed it without realizing it. I started out with the atkins but was now just doing a HIGH PROTEIN, LOW CARB, LOW FAT. I believe that there is a formula to the things you eat on Atkins, which is 5/35/60. Which is 5% carbs/35% protein/60% fat, in relative to total calorie intake. I believe this formula is ideal for maximum fat loss on Atkins. And like alot of people I assumed that as long as I ate meat everything would kind of adapt itself to conform to the diet. Now I have learned that it does take some thought and planning. Tracking everything I eat on fitnesspal I was able to go back and track my foods for the last 30 days. And much to my surprise I had been consuming more protein than I should and far less fat, which kind of looked like this. 60/35/5 Protein/Fat/Carbs. Now with some adjustments I think I am back on the right track. I hoped this will shed some light on how easy it is to slip off the right track unaware of why maybe your weight loss has hit the plateau that you just can't get past. If this helps anyone please let me know and hit the like button.

Replies

• sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the good numbers. I got similar results on CICO; i.e. reduced my A1C to normal range and down from 2 pills to 1 pill each for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and GERD after the first 10 pounds. Hoping for zero meds after the next 40.
  • icem6400
    icem6400 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fantastic sssgilbe. Keep up the good work. I want off the meds also. Looking forward to the new year and good health. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Awesome