makeup?

Options
So i went to the gym yesterday after i had a meeting so my face was fully prepared in makeup lol and as i was on the tradmil and sweating it up i realized - is sweating with makeup on worse than sweating with out makeup on? I mean I wash my face after my workout regardless if i have makeup on or not, i am just wondering what is better for my skin since i always have a hard time keeping my skin clear.

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym after work so I would have the full on makeup. I would shower as soon as I got home and wash my face so I never had a problem with breakouts.

Sometimes the mascara in the eye is no fun! But other than that, I never really had an issue.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I would come home from work (full makeup) and just use a cleansing cloth to take my makeup off before I went out for a run. You may want to keep a package of them in your purse or gym bag for the days you go to the gym straight from work. I just can't stand wiping my face while sweating and having makeup all coming off.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've read it's better to wash your makeup off before working out so the sweat and makeup don't clog your pores and cause breakouts. Natasha26 is right, mascara (mixed with sweat) in the eye is NO fun.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can't stand makeup at the gym, it always runs with sweat so whenever I go straight from college or lunch etc, I always take it off with a cleanser in the car. It's so convenient to keep a pack in there, I never think about it!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    If I workout with make-up on my skin it makes me break out even if I wash my face right after. I have to wash my face before working out.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways. I walk outside a lot, so my new light-weight foundation with SPF 15 is actually kind of useful. I tend to break out from sunscreen on my face, but not from the foundation. I think this is a situation in which you'll need to figure out what works best for you. We all have different skin types and such.
  • LyneaS
    LyneaS Posts: 22
    Options
    LOL I was putting on make-up before a 5K that I did and my husband asked me why, because I was just going to sweat it off. I told him I wanted to look good for when he took pictures!! In general, I don't wear make-up when I work out, but I do wear sunscreen if I'm running outside.