Christmas Dinner

Options
So what has everyone planned for there Christmas dinners?? I'm making homemade noodles for the first time and looking forward to it. I am not completely not counting my calories but I will Be using my measuring cups and paying attention to what I'm eating. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas eve...

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Veggie soup, and a kale salad. Also chili for the meat eaters in the family.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I just bring a milkshake and if someone asks me to help I say, "Sorry, can't help you, I'm drinking this milkshake."
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Went off my low carb diet for 48 hours. Tonight I made lasagna, angel hair pasta with Parmesan cheese, garlic bread, salad and chocolate chip cookies. Tomorrow I'm making ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, salad, rolls and a cake. I'll probably gain 10lbs, but I don't care.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Steak is already marinating and I’ve got the colorful baby potatoes ready to go for a side!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Prime rib, twice baked potatoes, corn pudding, homemade rolls, vegan stuff for my dad that is not important, key lime pie, peppermint pie, mint brownies, apple pie, I'm sure I'm missing something else but that's the bulk of it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Prime rib, twice baked potatoes, corn pudding, homemade rolls, vegan stuff for my dad that is not important, key lime pie, peppermint pie, mint brownies, apple pie, I'm sure I'm missing something else but that's the bulk of it.

All the good stuff! But the vegan stuff is important, too. My granddaughter doesn't eat meat, doesn't do well with milk, grain. She's really not fussy. Is perfectly satisfied with a baked potato. I would like to make her something really super, but feel like I am beating my head against the wall trying to think of something special for her. Need ideas! What did you make for Dad? @km8907
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Having family around so we're doing lamb, pork and beef with roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, yorkshire pudding, stuffing balls and lots of veggies (cauliflower, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, swede and cabbage).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Our big get-together family meal is breakfast, so for dinner it's just my husband and me. We're having lamb chops and oven-roasted root vegetables with a big salad, and fruit and cheese for dessert. Feels fancy enough to be festive while not being very much trouble to make for two people who are tired after a day of socializing.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Not doing anything special, but traditionally where I live it's absolutely essential to include ham and pork for a Christmas meal. Seem to be missing from a lot of the posts here so far.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Not doing anything special, but traditionally where I live it's absolutely essential to include ham and pork for a Christmas meal. Seem to be missing from a lot of the posts here so far.
    We buy a spiral cut ham a little before Christmas and eat it for a whole week, since we never have time to cook properly. So we do eat ham for Christmas, but not Christmas dinner itself. Then the bone and leftovers go in black eyed peas for New Year's.

Our family's traditional Christmas dinner is roast beef or a leg of lamb.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Pigs in a blanket, baked beans, roasted potato slices
  • fannydavis21
    fannydavis21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what you eat its the family time. I roasted a chicken ,make broccoli and califlower , green beans and homemad noodles with biscuits. I also made sugar cookies with icing. For appetizers I put out carrots and cashews. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas!!!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I cooked a seafood gumbo on Saturday. We ate it Saturday, Sunday and Monday because I didn’t want to be in the kitchen on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. My whole family loves gumbo and we typically eat it for 3 days. I also made chocolate chip cookies from scratch for Santa. It was a good few days. My mom made a ham with lots of veggies and scalloped potatoes today that we ate. It’s neat seeing all the different foods people eat!