Whole30 January 2018

Options
BabyMandrakes
BabyMandrakes Posts: 14 Member
This is for anyone who wants to do the Whole30 reset starting January 1, 2018. This is an elimination diet, designed to give your body a reset and help you determine what's good and not so good for you. It's a diet that recognizes you're an individual, and your results will be unique to you. Hope to see you all in January!!!

Replies

• Jaynee1961
    Jaynee1961 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I joined a couple groups on Facebook too . I did whole 30 in 2015 and loss 22 my first round and after 7 months I loss 65 lbs after going paleo. It's a good plan and truely a life change. Truthfully the only thing that has ever worked for me. Ready to spring back into it and defeat the sugar dragon for good.
  • getfitwith_aish
    getfitwith_aish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yup I’ve been meaning to start Whole30 on Jan 1 . Yay
  • BabyMandrakes
    BabyMandrakes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Jaynee1961 wrote: »
    I'm in. I joined a couple groups on Facebook too . I did whole 30 in 2015 and loss 22 my first round and after 7 months I loss 65 lbs after going paleo. It's a good plan and truely a life change. Truthfully the only thing that has ever worked for me. Ready to spring back into it and defeat the sugar dragon for good.

I was in some Facebook groups, but the rules were just so strict. I tried to give someone some things that I found were helpful for a first whole30, and I apparently offended some people by suggesting larabars to help get you through those times when you haven't eaten and still need to go grocery shopping. So I left the groups, and I'm starting my own blog to share my experiences.
  • mb13091
    mb13091 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Lisanotoriginal
    Lisanotoriginal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do you track food along with eating whole30? My understanding of Whole30 is that you do not count calories. Thoughts???
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do you track food along with eating whole30? My understanding of Whole30 is that you do not count calories. Thoughts???

Whole 30 didn't start out as a diet. It's for people with food allergy/sensitivity issues. You eliminate a ton of different food categories (hence usually lower calories by default).

If you're not counting & you're not losing then you are eating too many calories. All weight loss comes down to calorie deficit.
  • Lisab7982
    Lisab7982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Day 1 almost done.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

The proper Whole 30 encourages you not to. But the proper Whole 30 is not a weight loss diet. It's an elimination diet to assess intolerances.
  • EllieTheLondoner
    EllieTheLondoner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2, how is everyone doing?!
  • CircleJerkk
    CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're not supposed to, but if I don't then I won't know if I've eaten enough. I work weird hours and sleep through a lot of meal times, so I have to plan accordingly. I'm also trying to gain muscle so tracking my protein is a must. I don't really care if people don't like it, I'm still compliant in every other way... except the whole no fruit before or after a workout. They recommend fat which has no benefit. A carb and a protein is protocol for fast protein delivery. Some people get really asshurt about that for some weird reason
    Anyway guys, add me if you want, let's do it together and stalk each other's food diaries
  • CircleJerkk
    CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    cerc1990 wrote: »
    Jaynee1961 wrote: »

I was in some Facebook groups, but the rules were just so strict. I tried to give someone some things that I found were helpful for a first whole30, and I apparently offended some people by suggesting larabars to help get you through those times when you haven't eaten and still need to go grocery shopping. So I left the groups, and I'm starting my own blog to share my experiences.

They are absolute *kitten*. I got jumped all over because I said I had an apple with eggs post workout
  • Pixie0516
    Pixie0516 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days behind you all, today is my day 1. I'm not too sure what I'm doing yet so please, don't mind me if I lurk or ask a million questions