Why wait until January 1 - let's log now!

Options

Replies

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Okay, let’s just pretend yesterday didn’t happen...

Let's pretend the last week didn't happen!

Re-set my goals, committing to a better January, and going to follow this forum. Y'all have some pretty good things to say here.
  • mirellaoneill
    mirellaoneill Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Iscit too late to join ?? I have been off track since my last holiday (6mths ago ) which I gained 6 kilos. Im about to go on another cruise in 8weeks time and really need to drop at least 5 kilos in the next eight weeks. I walk 8 km 6 days a week but am struggling to lose it
  • 65special
    65special Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hope I can join in too, just re-started on MFP and didn't want to wait till the 1st.
    In for the long haul to lose 85 pounds if I can manage it, so anybody who can add me as friend for that much needed support is most welcome, cheers!
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Let's pretend the last week didn't happen!

Re-set my goals, committing to a better January, and going to follow this forum. Y'all have some pretty good things to say here.

Hi Everyone! I am right there with you!
  • murphybj
    murphybj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in! Have been struggling for months and finally feel like I can commit to logging daily and hopefully drop the extra lbs. I love the idea of starting before the new year. It’s only a week but it feels motivating.
  • gogirlgo40
    gogirlgo40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. This is just what I needed I am terrible at logging and REALLY want to improve, I am not good at measuring but will try to log ahead and adjust.
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers. Glad you have joined us.
  • wenmft
    wenmft Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't logged in quite a while but am feeling the pain of the holidays on my waistline and overall fitness level. My downfall is logging my first two meals of the day and then if I bomb my goals at dinner or after, I just don't log it. I need more accountability. So glad to watch this group and get some inspiration!
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the wagon, really hitting hard at the start of the year. But I'm using the short, lighter work week to trial some changes I want to make to see how they work for me. I've also been logging the good, the bad, and the ugly to get into the habit.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Unexpected yoga class last night. I'm amazed at how much tighter the right side of my body is than my left. Definitely want to do it again, and be able to spend some serious time dropping into some of those stretches.

As for calories, I was 131 over for the day. Really would like to be under today.
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This is exactly what I need, this is why I have started logging now, all the while knowing I'm not really going to action anything until the New Year. I'd just like to look back in a few months and see how much my diet has improved.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I have not skipped a day of logging since joining this thread! I feel like I’m documenting a backwards slide into old eating habits. But that’s ok. I’m pulling it together and I know I can get back to where I was when I was making progress.
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    wenmft wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't logged in quite a while but am feeling the pain of the holidays on my waistline and overall fitness level. My downfall is logging my first two meals of the day and then if I bomb my goals at dinner or after, I just don't log it. I need more accountability. So glad to watch this group and get some inspiration!

If you can force yourself to face your “eating errors” it will help you be accountable. Own what you eat. Log it and look at it. You have to face it or it is impossible to fix. I am not saying it is easy, but it is a way to take control.

• anuweight
    anuweight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This was the exact reason that I came back on MFP after a gap of few years. New year resolutions are almost always broken and I didnt want to loose precious days of December, putting on weight in anticipation of a magic in January. Joined yesterday, feeling positive about losing weight in this year itself, at least a few grams, if not more
  • valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Amen sister.

• valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I just didn't even bother logging Christmas and yesterday. Remember the fudge my mother wasn't supposed to make...yeah she did. Fudge is a spiritual thing for my kin so I'm programmed to consume it. Then some russian tea cakes etc.

Anyway I got a fitbit for Christmas, which I like a lot. I've also logged so far today. My next challenge is going to spin class. I'm going to recommit.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    wenmft wrote: »

If you can force yourself to face your “eating errors” it will help you be accountable. Own what you eat. Log it and look at it. You have to face it or it is impossible to fix. I am not saying it is easy, but it is a way to take control.

I think this is so important.
  • happyfitr2d2
    happyfitr2d2 Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I got a fitbit for Christmas to valcandothis