please help!!!

Options
ok this is what i got i need help.... i started at 297 size 3x shirt 26 pants now i am at 248 xl-2x shirt depending how there made but today i got discouraged when i went shopping i could barely fit in to some 20's and i thought at least by now i would be able to get in 20 by now because i did find a 18 i could wear................ please give me ur weight and sizes to compare...

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That happens sometimes. Just the other day I was at a store where I could fit into a 4 in one style and in another style, the 8 was too small.

So don't be discouraged - instead, be proud of what you've accomplished already! You're doing a great job!
  • jen467
    jen467 Posts: 4
    Options
    Dont be discouraged. I am 204 and size 18 pant, but I would think it all depends on where you "carry" the weight.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    current weight 195
    size 16 pants starting to be a bit loose. Probably have a good 10-15 lbs before I'm in a 14
  • maparapa22
    Options
    Certainly don't be discouraged...it's all about how the clothes is made. Don't worry about the size but how you feel and how it makes you feel. You are doing great and it will just get easier. I am a size 12 and sometimes I have to wear a size 14 in certain types of jeans because of the cut...no need to be alarmed :) Keep up the great work
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    Clothes at different stores aren't made the same. The only store that I ever found that makes clothes the same is CJ Banks & Christopher Banks. If you find a size there you will fit in any of there clothes and don't have to try there others on. You can order online and not have to worry about it fitting. CJ Banks is for 14 & up Christopher Banks is for smaller sizes. They have some great sales too and reward programs. You could really tell how you are losing if you even got one of there clearance items from the store I just store mine away because they are such good quality just in case I need them again.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't worry because manufacturers sizes can be really different, it's a well known fact but it is very annoying, isn't it?
    Just keep going and don't let that deter you, you are doing great so far.....:smile:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I would take down a note of your measurements and use these as a comparison as these don't lie, unlike clothes labels which can be way out from shop to shop, as the others have said.

Congrats on your loss so far! :smile:
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Height is a very important factor.

I'm 5'6"

My starting weight was 280, and I wore a size 20/22.
    My current weight is 245, and I feel like I should be able to fit into a 16, but I'm an 18.
  • ggtischer
    ggtischer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Where you carry the weight does make a difference. I weigh almost 250 pounds. I wear a size 20 strech Wranger Walmart brand jeans in long, but a 2X t-shirt top. I'm also larger in the chest than most women (42DD). I carry most of my weight above my waistline (right under the chest) and around my thighs. I went to buy underwear this week. I went by the back of the package (size 18/20 pant). They're all too BIG!!! I have no extra weight around my waist and the elastic waistband of the underwear comes under my chest! Talk about the laughter in my house with two kids pointing at my "old man golfing underwear".
    Keep up the great work - don't look at sizes. Look for cuts that flatter your figure; highlight the good points and "hides" the undesirable points. Try everything on before you buy - or make sure you can return items once you get them home and can move around in them. Also - if you're still losing weight, don't over buy on articles. Baggy clothes aren't so bad during warm months and can be layer during cold. :)
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weigh 265 lbs, wear a XL/2XL shirt and a size 20/22 pants usually. I am 5'8, tho, so my weight is stretched throughout a pretty tall/large frame.