Pregnancy

Options
I downloaded this app to watch my calories, throughout pregnancy. I wonder if there’s any adjustments I should make considering I’m bound to gain weight. I’m not trying to lose weight, just want to have a steady and healthy gain through pregnancy and then obviously lose the baby weight after. If anyone else has experience with this I would love your input. Thanks

Replies

• Blackelia
    Blackelia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Milk and milk than milk .
    You need to maintain your calcium level at all time .

And keep a good exercise.

Eat your normal calories plan . Not for 2 and not to lose weight .

And did I said Milk.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations on your impending bundle of joy!

I found this thread for calorie counting while pregnant extremely useful, and easy to understand:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I also enjoyed participating in the fit, fabulous, and pregnant group. There are alot of other pregnant women who are fun to talk to and very supportive of one another.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

~Best wishes
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ask your doctor how much weight you should be gaining, and set your goal for that rate (doctor may give a weight gain goal per trimester, so divide by 13 to get a per-week goal, and it likely will be a different amount per trimester, so you'll need to adjust along the way). If after a month you find your results are not as expected, adjust the daily calorie goal up or down as needed.

Edited to add omitted word.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm newly pregnant as well and will be trying to gain minimally.
  • namrahghafoor6873
    Options
    I had a baby 4 months ago and was in the same shoes as you are a year ago also putting too much weight on was my biggest fear. Eat sensibly ( not for 2) you might have cravings I didn't also I had put on 13-15 kg. My bmi was normal before pregnency so my weight gain was in the range. Eat water melon before meal and you will thank me later. Also stay as active as possible labour is hell lot easier my little one was out 2 days overdue and I was induced but labour took less than 2 hours. Also just cherish these moments :) you will miss them once it's over ... good luck and congratulations
  • mskimandtwins
    mskimandtwins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is great, but don't beat yourself up if you can't do it. Many of us get bad morning sickness and don't gain weight at the beginning, but make up for it at the end.

Personally, I was so nauseous with my twins, and had gestational diabetes so I couldn't have all the carbs I love so much, my doctor had to put me on high-fat protein shakes...only time in my life it has ever been hard to gain weight!!