Lose 25 in 6 months; 2018 Winter to Summer Challenge Together

Options

Replies

• Melis6510
    Melis6510 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m interested! Thanks for starting this!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Great, 25 lbs/6 months is just right for me. I'm hoping to start running more easily again. Also, my yoga practice becomes a lot more challenging with my spare tire hanging around. Dropping 25 will be a big help.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    namaste622 wrote: »

What are some of your own goals, and why, for those of you joining me are here now?

Started a serious weight loss program in March 2017. Weighed 250 - target weight 175. Have lost 45 so far. Taking a two week diet break right now - aiming for maintenance from 205 to 210. Will restart the calorie restriction around January 5th. Want to lose that last 20-30 pounds and then move to maintenance.

Basics: Do folks have fitbits? MFP on mobiles to help track? Drink lots of water? Certain dietary restrictions? Goals already achieved or some ones to name OUT LOUD?

Have MFP on my phone and laptop. I check in throughout the day. I appreciate the support I have gotten here and hope to provide some for others.

• samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm so in... Happily married with a new born is the best recipe to gain 25 lb of whatever you call this thing on my belly now LOL, super motivated
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can build a google doc to share with everyone...
  • JencyK
    JencyK Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join the group as well. I found out after my yearly doctor’s visit that I had gained 12lbs. I would like to lose 20lbs. And I want to start tomorrow onwards. My first step was to start monitoring what I ate through My fitness pal. This worked for me last time I was trying to lose weight. I also have a Fitbit and can start using it if everyone is planning to use it too.
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I added this thread to my favorites. Im so excited for this. As of today, Im trying to go for 1 month without alcohol or meat.
  • deeasimacopoulos
    deeasimacopoulos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. 40 lbs to lose
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group! I'd need to lose 25-40 pds.
  • julseab
    julseab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I need some real motivation!
  • laurafresh
    laurafresh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    So I started a private group that will be our meeting place/thread. (mfpchris thanks!)
    Now I have to figure out how to get everyone on that site...so anyone that can help would be great?! I may have made it through advanced education (medicine) but I have no technological savvy!!! Do I invite folks individually? The help post on the site is confusing to me.

I will be posting the 'rules' to our challenge together (daily posting expectations and check in requirements) by the weekend when I hope we are setting things firmly in place for Monday's start.

For reasons that I have found problematic in the past the following will be important:

1. our group will be anonymous except for user names, unless anyone opts to name themselves.
    2. everyone's confidence will be kept at all times.
    3. this will be a politically neutral space; I do believe everyone's personal values are worthy others' respect but this is not the place to publically air too much. we are here and committed to keeping the focus on growing leaner and healthier in the next six months together!
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do you still have room? I'm 5'4" and four years ago lost over 50lbs, but then got a job and lost my good habits and it crept back on. I started again beginning of November when I found out I have an elevated A1C (prediabetic) and I'm back down about 15 lbs and motivated to keep going. I'd love to be down 25lbs by summer (probably 40ish lbs to goal).
  • laurafresh
    laurafresh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will add you to group!
  • bricko6
    bricko6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Room for 1 more? Would love to join if it’s still open.
  • couten1991
    couten1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm interested if it is not too late to join!
  • mdn07
    mdn07 Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If there's room for one more, I'd really like to join. Like OP, I have found that accountability is essential for success (for me anyway)--especially when it comes to health and fitness-related goals. I've gained about 25 lbs over the past two years, partly due to some health issues, but mostly due to stress-eating, my life being chaotic, and making excuses. Most of my clothes don't fit anymore (can't afford to buy new ones either) and I just don't feel as confident as I used to. I would really like get back to feeling good about my body--and rockin' some of my favorite outfits ;) I am looking to lose about 25 lbs, as well. Wishing all of you luck in reaching your goals!
  • Valeria2020
    Valeria2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to join
  • terriandmaia
    terriandmaia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    namaste622 wrote: »
    I am hoping for a few MFP others to join me in this challenge to lose 25 in 2018. I lost over 20 on another site a few years ago and it was the daily checkins by email that seemed to be the trick. We logged EVERYTHING, including water and our exercise and without competing helped to encourage one another to successful and steady goals.

I have already been logging but the group support is so key: who wants to join me? I am looking for about 7-10 really motivated MFPers. We can start now but the official weigh day is Monday Jan. 1 and Mondays thereafter through summer's start. Only for folks committed and willing to check in by private email - which I will create a group for. We check in, daily, with our food, mood, water and exercise progress. It works, trust me.

Please check back here if interested and I will give further details outside MFP - to provide both less distraction and maintain our group member's confidentiality.

• terriandmaia
    terriandmaia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m so into this!! I get motivated and then lose the motivation. I’d love to have a group of people to keep me accountable and to do the same for them. Let’s do this!!
  • jg1117
    jg1117 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm interested as well! I have 60 pounds to go to reach my goal! Already down 65. :)