30DS Questions Galore

Options
I want to start the 30 Day Shred on Monday, but have some unanswered questions that I'd like to get answered before started.
-Do I do the workout everyday?
-Do I do all levels, or pick one for each day I workout?
-Should I do other exercises on top of the 30DS?
-Will you really lose 20 pounds in 30 days (if you having been losing weight over time)?
-What kind of results have people who have completed it had??

So many unanswered ????s.. Any help is great help! Thanks!

Replies

• Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS earlier this summer, and it was awesome for toning and tightening. I actually didn't lose a thing while I was doing it. I was on a plateau for a month or so (not caused by 30DS). Anyhow, I definitely lost inches, and it changed the way my body looked completely! I worked out everyday. I did level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, and finally level three. I still ran 4-5 times a week on top of 30DS. Hope that helps!
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is awesome. I've been doing it for a while now and I'm really seeing the difference in my legs and back.

I know some people who do workout to the DVD every day (like myself). I know others who do it every other day, but on their "off-days", they'll do another form of exercise such as cardio (running) or strength training.

Most who do the shred, do the first level for 10 days straight, second level for 10 days, then the third for 10 days.

For maximum results (haha, I sounds like Jillian!), I would do other exercises as well. Maybe not as rigorous, but it certainly wouldn't hurt!

I don't think *anyone* has really lost 20lbs in 30 days. I think that's a bit farfetched unless you're following her meal-plan to a T. But you do lose a lot of inches and gain a lot of strength. I would measure myself before you start so you can see how how much you've lost.

Do a search on "30 Day Shred results". They are phenomenal.
  • KathleenPub
    KathleenPub Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know lots of ppl do it everyday but I did it monday-friday and took the weekends off :) And you are supposed to do level 1 for ten days, 2 for tens days and three for ten days but can take as long as you want at each level until you think you can move on to the next one. I tried to do cardio with it just for the extra fat burn but I think its a pretty good workout in itself. As for the 20lbs I dont know lol, If you have it to lose and do everything perfect with a great diet maybe, but you will DEFINATLY see results. I started noticing after just a few days of level one that things just looked firmer and more toned and after wards I looked alot "tighter" as my husband put it lol. Even if you dont lose alot of lbs you will definatly lose inches! Its a great workout! Have fun!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I want to start the 30 Day Shred on Monday, but have some unanswered questions that I'd like to get answered before started.
    -Will you really lose 20 pounds in 30 days (if you having been losing weight over time)?

So many unanswered ????s.. Any help is great help! Thanks!

-you can or you should have at least one day of rest a week
    -you do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, level 3 for 10 days
    - you can do other exercises along with 30DS, you could do cardio or try some yoga with it
    -the key words in that phrase is 'UP TO" 20 lbs in 30 days, I found that you gain muscle while doing the shred and lose inches...YAY!
    -it is great for toning, I lost about 14 inches while doing the shred plus some other cardio and yoga

The first 2 days will be the toughest...push yourself through them and you will make it through the rest.

Have fun!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The goal is to do it every day and have one rest day. Start with level 1, keep doing it until you feel ready to move to level 2, then leven 3. These workouts are hard. If you don't feel challenged enough up your weights. You can do other workouts with this if you like but you probably won't feel like it. 30DS was hard on my knees when I first started and I wasn't able to do it every day at first. I had to slowly work my way into it. Now I have no problems.
  • r_drie
    r_drie Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi there! I started the shred about 14 days ago and at first was doing it everyday. I am not a tiny person and this was really the first time I had exercised in a long time and very quickly my body started to break down, heel spur, shin splints. Now I lane swim every Thursday for an hour and don't do the shred and I take Sundays off pretty much completely except for maybe a nice walk with my family. I have a friend that's been cross training for years and she said your body needs a day here and there to repair any damaged muscles when your working out hard. If you feel like you can do the shred for 30 days straight, great. I just know at my size it was wearing on my body quite badly. Oh and with regards to weight loss, I have lost almost 10 pounds already and am only half done. I watch what I eat quite closely on here and do some walking almost everyday, or some good solid house or yard work. Hope this helps!
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/250976-my-30-day-shred-results

check this girl out she done it and afetr i seen her pics i bought the dvd and started it myself...
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for 26 days. lost 3.5 lbs. lost a lot of inches and i only did that as an exercise. i tried to do 10 days of each and i took one break a week. when i do it the next time, i think i will do more then just that the shred since it is so short.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

ideally yes, but you can take rest days if you want. i did
    its best to start with level 1 and then progress to level 2 and 3. the exercises increase in intensity on each level. so build yourself up gradually.

you dont have to but you can. i did my zumba and running whilst doing 30ds

This i dont know as im maintaining. But it depends- some people lose loads others dont. Make sure u take measurements as you will definitely have some inch loss

I lost 6 inches and my tummy is so much tighter! and my thighs are definitely slimmer!
  • aclukehart
    Options

that's the idea behind it, however, i didn't. i did it about 4-5 days in a row then i took a day off then did the same level for 1-2 more days, then i went up a level.

start off doing level one each day, once it seems to be "easy" or you're getting bored, move onto the next level.

I used 30DS as my "strength training" exercise for the day, i would follow up later in the day with cardio only for about 45-60 minutes.

i definitely did NOT lose that much, but i noticed my biggest weightloss while doing the 30DS.

my endurance has become great! i can run better & my 5lb. weights have become "lighter" :P i feel stronger & healthier. i noticed the biggest difference during level 3.

hope i answered everything! :) overall i really liked it, i tended to get a little bored though, which is why i'd give myself a day off during each level.
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    All of my questions were answered!! You guys are great!!

I am so excited to get started and I will modify as I go and according to how my body feels. I was a little intimidated, but I've done her other videos and they are similar.

I have took measurements and plan to take before pictures so that I can see the difference.

Thanks again everyone!!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    -Do I do the workout everyday? YES you can certainly do this every day (if you find this difficult take 1 rest day)

-Do I do all levels, or pick one for each day I workout? Start each level for 10 days.

-Should I do other exercises on top of the 30DS? Yes - I started out w/ a jog/run for 1-2 miles before or after the shred.

-Will you really lose 20 pounds in 30 days (if you having been losing weight over time)? If you increase your cardio you may lose a lot. It depends on what you eat and how hard you push yourself. I lost about 12 lbs in 2009 and tons of inches.

-What kind of results have people who have completed it had?? 12 lbs lost, inches in waist/hips/arms/legs - this is with running.
  • lbehm
    lbehm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you need any equipment with the DVD? Weights, etc?
  • g402gap
    g402gap Posts: 3
    Options
    You will need a set of hand weights and a mat if your working out on a hard surface.
  • wbruni14
    wbruni14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/250976-my-30-day-shred-results

check this girl out she done it and afetr i seen her pics i bought the dvd and started it myself...

This girl's pics were one of the main reasons I bought the DVD too!
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!! I'm pleased to say that I was so anxious, I started today!! I was sweating to the mid section of my hair. LOL!! I loved it.. I followed it by a 30 minute walk!! I don't know how much I'll love it tomorrow (If I'm sore), but I'm determined to complete it!!

:):):):)