Any shift workers here?

Options
Just need a few tips on how to fill out the food diary.

Do you use the one day to fill out the diary? Or do you switch to the next day once midnight hits, and eat less the next day?

Which one is the better option?

Note: my night shifts are from 6pm to 7am. Got one tonight!

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    bump i occasionally work night shifts and I have a hard time with the calories as well.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My fiancé works nights and I tend to stay up with him. I count my days as the period between when I wake up and when I go to sleep. Just because the clock strikes midnight doesn't mean it' a new day for me, I haven't slept yet so I keep counting them in the same place as before the clock struck.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I just start at midnight and go from there. Breakfast at 2am lunch at 5:30am. Sleep 9am-3:30pm then snack when I wake up. Dinner is at 9 pm then. I work 11 p-7 a
  • froggy77064
    froggy77064 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i work 3rd shift.10p-6a sunday through thursday.i log my food starting at midnight.my meal at work,usually around 2 is dinner.i log what i eat after i get home as breakfast and lunch is what i eat before i go to work.
  • Minou888
    Options
    Hey there!

I do those weird shifts sometimes and I find it better to go by the clock. Especially if your schedule is not always the same, it could get confusing to do it the other way. Dinner is dinner wether you eat it at 6pm or 6am . I say use the clock.

Cheers :)