Easy gluten free ideas?

tiddyp
tiddyp Posts: 4 Member
Anyone have any easy and tasty gluten free dinner or lunch ideas?

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Any meat with any vegetable with rice or potatoes. (Eaten every night at my house.)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Gluten-free all the way! I eat a lot of rice/meat/veg meals. I also eat a lot of tacos with corn tortillas and BIG salads with tons of veggies and a little protein.

Basically, whenever I make any type of protein I make extra for a couple meals. Chicken breasts, beef roasts, baked fish. A couple times a week I will make a fairly good sized pot of rice or quinoa. I get fresh veggies at the store of whatever I can find in my freezer. Keep in all in the fridge in containers and mix and match as I go.

Meals are often either a rice bowl, a big salad or tacos. I also make egg and veggie scrambles (enough for 2 days) and keep some in the fridge. Warm up a corn tortilla and the eggs and breakfast OR lunch OR dinner. Once in awhile I'll do rice noodles or gluten-free pasta. The GF pasta is way better than it used to be. However, it's not that great on day 2 so I normally only cook that as I go for the current meal and don't plan for pasta leftovers except for the sauce.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Any meat with any vegetable with rice or potatoes. (Eaten every night at my house.)

Pretty much...
  • dante8993
    dante8993 Posts: 38 Member
    Turkey burger wrapped in lettuce

I get these wraps called Gem Wraps from Amazon, their like 25 cal very yummy

Make ahead soup and freeze servings, I love to blend my soups in like the blender

Lean Cusine makes a few gluten free entrees
  • RaeBeeBaby
    dante8993 wrote: »
    Turkey burger wrapped in lettuce

I get these wraps called Gem Wraps from Amazon, their like 25 cal very yummy

Make ahead soup and freeze servings, I love to blend my soups in like the blender

Lean Cusine makes a few gluten free entrees

The Gem Wraps sounded intriguing so I checked them out. Sadly, they contain soy (which I cannot have). I did, however, see another alternative in a Coconut Wrap. Good reviews on amazon, so will definitely be checking those out.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Stir fry - Most of these are GF, if you use GF soy sauce (or coconut aminos, if you react to soy - usually found in the same place as the soy, in health food stores). An easy standard one you can adapt is: Gf soy sauce (which is actually better soy sauce, made the old fashioned way before wheat was used) plus chopped garlic plus a chopped veggie. Stir fry together (add garlic near end, so it doesn't burn), and serve over rice. Asparagus works nice with this one, so does bok choy or other choy.

I like this recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/vietnamese-spring-rolls-with-crispy-tofu/#_a5y_p=2042949

I just sub just crushed chiles and chopped garlic for the chili garlic sauce, white rice instead of rice noodles, peanut butter instead of almond butter, and GF soy sauce (easier to find completely GF brands, using my subs).

rice balls are nice and easy, too - just make a little chopped meat and soy sauce, or sauce of choice for the filling, or roasted veggies.

• gciummo
    gciummo Posts: 1 Member
    Homemade hot pockets!
    Dough: 1 c. Mozzarella, 2 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 cup almond flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder (a gluten free one, of course, I think Clabber Girl is) Melt the first two ingredients in the microwave and stir until WELL blended, then add the others and mix well!
    Roll it out and put your choice of filling. I like sausage, egg, and cheese, and ham and cheese.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    homemade beef and potato stew, in the crock pot! to thicken it use corn starch instead of flour.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm not GF but I base my meals around a carb source, protein (fatty or lean depending on remaining macros) and a vegetable. Assuming you have the protein and veggie figured out, is carbs your question?

GF CARB IDEAS
    Baked yellow or sweet potato
    Yellow or sweet potato fries
    Rice pasta
    Rice
    Quinoa
    Corn tortilla

MEAL IDEAS
    Rice, cubed grilled chicken, curry sauce and greek yogurt
    Rice, cubed grilled chicken, salsa and shredded cheddar
    Steak, onion and pepper stir fry with rice
    Corn tortilla pizzas
    Loaded baked potato topped with ground beef, shredded cheddar and whatever else you want
    Quinoa, grilled chicken and boiled mixed veggies
    Rice ramen or pasta with meat on top

And for the record, there is no reason to opt for a gluten free diet UNLESS you have an intolerance. GF seems to be a bit of a fad. GF baked items like bread, pretzels, etc are missing a lot of nutrients (and are often higher calorie) than their non-GF counterparts. Please people, do your research!
  • Scottisafatty
    Scottisafatty Posts: 2 Member
    I've been eating Ketogenic foods for the last 2 months, so I have a few ideas.

1.) Buffalo Chicken Dip - Rotisserie Chicken, Cream Cheese, Wing Sauce, Ranch, Cheddar. Mix it all up, microwave it when you get to work, dip crackers or, in my case, pork rinds or vegetables, into it.

2.) Lettuce Wrap Sandwiches - Chicken Salad with some almonds, celery, and crumbly cheese (like parm, feta, etc), wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves. That's some good stuff.

3.) Brinner - Bacon and Eggs, for dinner. Can't go wrong.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    I'm not GF but I base my meals around a carb source, protein (fatty or lean depending on remaining macros) and a vegetable. Assuming you have the protein and veggie figured out, is carbs your question?

GF CARB IDEAS
    Baked yellow or sweet potato
    Yellow or sweet potato fries
    Rice pasta
    Rice
    Quinoa
    Corn tortilla

MEAL IDEAS
    Rice, cubed grilled chicken, curry sauce and greek yogurt
    Rice, cubed grilled chicken, salsa and shredded cheddar
    Steak, onion and pepper stir fry with rice
    Corn tortilla pizzas
    Loaded baked potato topped with ground beef, shredded cheddar and whatever else you want
    Quinoa, grilled chicken and boiled mixed veggies
    Rice ramen or pasta with meat on top

And for the record, there is no reason to opt for a gluten free diet UNLESS you have an intolerance. GF seems to be a bit of a fad. GF baked items like bread, pretzels, etc are missing a lot of nutrients (and are often higher calorie) than their non-GF counterparts. Please people, do your research!

Great ideas! Question - for the corn tortilla pizzas do you heat them up first before adding the toppings? I've always been concerned that they'd just sog out unless I crisped them up beforehand. Of course I've never tried it either way - but want to!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    glutenfreeonashoestring.com
  • Gananagoose
    Gananagoose Posts: 4 Member
    Stuffed potatoes or onigiri (easier and quicker than sushi).
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2017
    This caulifower soup recipe is very good https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/creamy-cauliflower-soup/ . Also, these brownies are excellent made with either sweet potatoes or pumpkin (I run the rolled oats through the food processor or blender first so it is more like an oat flour). Lots of Vitamin A and protein https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/10/13/sweet-potato-brownies-recipe/ .