New year, new friends?

Options
adamlosingweight
adamlosingweight Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2017 in Getting Started
Hi All!

So , in the new year I am planning on living a healthier lifestyle through whatever necessary and after just discovering this app had a forum I wanted to see if anyone wants for be friends in an attempt to help support each other so that we can all meet our goals!

I'd this sounds ideal at all please so not hesitate to add me! The more support the higher chance of us all reaching our goals together !

Many thanks , and Merry Christmas / Happy holidays to all!

Replies

• Erin1082
    Erin1082 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over this new year. I began my journey in January 2016 and had lost 90 pounds by July. I hit a plaute and tried lots of adjusting. I gained weight so quickly over the holidays. I tried in 2017 to begin again, but had trouble behind committed. I've gained back all but 10 pounds, and in not entirely sure I didn't gain that over the holidays this year. I'm preparing to start over and would love new, mfp active friends. Feel free to add me.
    Happy holidays!
  • FickleFruitBat
    FickleFruitBat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam and Erin, I'll send you both friend requests. I also started changing my lifestyle in 2016 after a major surgery that improved my overall health and mobility- not weight loss related but it definitely helped get me going in the right direction holistically. I was 260lbs when I started walking every day. For a year I worked a labor job that got me in good shape but now I'm a student so it's all on me to keep it up! I was down to 197lbs and jogging daily in fall but sustained an injury to my foot which has set me back a bit to 203lbs. I'm on the mend now and focusing on eating well, getting all the activity I'm able to while recovering, and celebrating health and wellness whenever I can. :) It truly is a great gift to have a body with which to experience the world, so I'm trying to frame it through this lens.