Has anyone lost 50lbs?

Options
Has anyone lost 50lbs in less than a year with eating about 1500 calories a day?

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I had lost over 100 then put some on when I got lazy
    So I am sitting at 80lbs lost and I eat and eat. It is all doable if you are moving that body to burn some calories.
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's doable for sure! I lost 60lbs in just a half a year.
  • GreekGoddess34
    GreekGoddess34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. That is amazing. Thank you for your replies
  • JamWam12
    JamWam12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 1lb to take my weight loss total to 50lbs. Currently I'm on day 107 and eat 1800 calories max per day so the goal itself is very achievable.
  • GreekGoddess34
    GreekGoddess34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did you guys also exercise as well?
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Yes and Yes. I started jogging, and made much better food choices. I really believe it’s a lifestyle change, not just a diet to shed extra pounds that works long term.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    As a matter of fact, in the first half of 2016 I did lose more than 50 lb by eating less than 1500 calories and doing a lot of cardio exercise. It turns out that I was doing it wrong. You method should vary.
  • seashellybob
    seashellybob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds since mid July. Eating 1800 to 1500 calories per day. I've eaten maintenance for the last 10 days though.
  • nea2702
    nea2702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 pounds over 12 months but on a little more than 1500 calories. More like 18-19000 a day. Like others have said, its a lifestyle change more than a diet. Along with eating better, i moved so much more.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50.4 while eating around that amount, im still losing I went from 217-166.6 and Im hoping to get down to 140 and then possibly 120.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I lost about 50 lbs in less then a year calorie intake was 1200 and I ran a 5k a day, but also crashed a few months ago, so maybe 1500 calories would of been a better choice for me lol. but running makes you drops the lbs quick!! and eating well lol