Branch Challenge!!! (Closed Group)

Options
BRANCH CHALLENGE!!!!!! (Closed Group)

LETs go!!!

I thought we can do this challenge for an entire month.
I will need a captain from each branch.
Army
Air Force
USMC
Navy

Im gonna be Captain for Army. I hope that's okay with everyone. :)
So I need three other Gals/guys

Rules:
Every week we can weigh in.
You will message/email your weight to your team captain and your team captain will post it in the forum.
You get a point for every pound you lose. -

Every Wednesday there will be a different Challenge. Something silly, challenging, entertaining.
Based on your results you will recieve points.

Water challenge- At the end of each week- teams will add up how much water they drank. Points will be awarded to the team who drank the most water.

At the end of the week. Saturday- But will be my Sunday results will be posted
(Im in Germany so Challenges will be posted early and results will be posted late) :)

Once we get our teams together, I thought each team can come up with a weekly challenge. It can be anything.
Like run/walk a mile or eat like a vegeterian for a week. (okay that one people might not like) but you get the idea.

*I think it should be optional to show your food journal.
So how does this sound?

Lets see whos the ultimate military spouse! I say Army LOL

Lets start by introducing ourselves.

Replies

• Habehandful
    Habehandful Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know most of you know a few things about me. SO I will just sum up a few fun things about myself.
    I live in Germany. I love to hate it. We are leaving soon. Headed to the Capt. Career Course. I cannot wait to feel that Arizona weather!!! O yea!

I have a wonderful son..he keeps me super busy. My heart has pounded more with him I think it ever has.
    I run a lot and am addicted to my Wii fit.

I am hovering over 112 lbs. I just cant seem to get those last couple lbs off. This challenge is going to help push me through those last lbs!!

O and I love the show Army wives even though its not totally real. I still laugh and cry though the whole show. :)
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Ok hello all (Army Wife) also I am excited about this and down for almost all challeneges except for the vegetarian for a week cause yeah ummm I like my protien haha :)

Lets see I am in my 30's no children I know gasp we are the odd ball couple out maybe one day just not ready as of yet.

I lived in Kitzingen Germany at one time and we were trying to go back overseas but the Army said nope lol...at first I wasn't found of Germany but then I loved being able to travel had a great job and a great group of friends

We are PCSing to Georgia from Recruiting Detail in Indiana in about 6 months I am excited about that I am really tired of the cold and ice (from Texas lol)

I need to drop about a several small children in the weight range but it is what it is and I can't change it

Normally I go to school and work full time but with the PCS coming up so soon and limited on transfer credits I have decided to take this next semester off from everything and so that leaves me with a lot of free time maybe to much free time lol but also gives me time to just work on me and get my booty shakin and slimming down

Husband is away at a school right now so it does make it easier to do my thing lol because I am only cooking for me etc. (thinking of the positives of being a "single" wife)

I am sure I could keep on going but I need my coffee now its early trying to get up and workout semi early as I know when I do I feel a lot better but I don't really sleep when he isn't home lol so I am in a catch 22 lol (he just left not to long ago so I don't have my as he would say my "battle rythem down" and then I tell him "leave his boots at the door" lol) ok done rambling :)

P.S. I also love the Army Wives show even though it isn't realistic ...but it does hurt my heart a little bit that I have noticed a lot of young (this is in no offense to anyones age) wives think that is how it is going to be and find out how hard it is being an Army Wife big hugs to them well heck hugs to all of us :)
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Savanna and I am also an army wife!
    I needed this challenge now, but I kinda feel like i may be slipping, it could just be the sickness I am trying to get over though.
    I am a new military wife and will be doing our first PCS in just 3 short months. (Any advice will be accepted)
    I just graduated college with my bachelors in Psychology.
    I dont have any kids as of yet, but we have already started trying (TMI I know..lol)
    Right now my husband is away from home and I fly out next week to drive back home with him. I will have him for just a week and then I ship him back off for more training. But he will only be 3 hours away and will be able to come home on weekends so its not too big a deal.
    I have about 16 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight. I have lost over 15 already.
    p.s. I was just thinking last night that I wanted Army Wives to come back on already....lol
    p.s.s. What are you going to so if you have more of one branch than of another? Just curious

If you have any questions about me, just ask and as always, if you want to add me, feel free!!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) So excited to get this challenge started!

I'm 22, Air Force wife. Husband is on his first deployment right now so I've taken this extra time to really focus on my health goals. I went back to vegetarianism and I'm really trying to up my fruit and veggies!

I go to school online, I'm getting my degree in Elementary Education. I am also a nanny for a family here on base. My husband has a son who I love with all my heart! No kids for us yet, we got pregnant before he left but I guess it wasn't meant to be. So we'll be trying again once he gets back :) My precious babygirl pekingese Star is my baby for now. I'd go crazy without her!

Oh and PCS advice (I've done 2 moves, one by myself) don't get too stressed out. I know it can seem like a lot, but just make a list of things you need to do and do them. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed! :)
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    USMC ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!

Haha! Well hi there! I'm Lindsey, I'm a little over a month shy of being 23, and my marine is touring for the second time overseas. :( He is my ULTIMATE motivation for wanting to lose weight! However I'm not doing it FOR him, I'm doing it to keep a promise I made to myself that I would lose the extra 55lbs I'm carrying before he comes home. I'm already down 12lbs so 43 more to go!! >.< I'm currently a psychology major/sociology minor/outside concentration of human sexuality at Indiana University. So I'm BROKE and it's pretty hard to eat healthy these days, but I'm trying my best. I'll also be taking a personal fitness course this semester where I get to work out twice a week for college credit! So that pretty much ROCKS. ;) Otherwise I work out a lot on the treadmill when I work third shift at my hotel job. Not sure what else you'd like to know, but yeah! I'm really easy to talk to and I can use all the support I can get with dealing with my deployed marine. :(

But anywho...I'd be willing to be the USMC captain if no one else has spoken for it??? :)

Good luck to all!
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Hooray! Nice to see this is moving along.

I would like to wait until everyone from the last thread posts...just so we can get our teams together. So lets motivate everyone to join!!

Glad everyone is doing well.
    I hope the deployements are going smoothly, although they never are the smoothest. lol

Lindsey- USMC Captain- yes it is all yours!!

For the time being. Lets do a small challenge while we wait for the others to join.
    Push up/sit up challenge-

My hubby came up with this as a little PT competiton. Obviously he always wins so I came up with a fair game. It works for ever 3 he does I do 1. LOL
    So I thought we could do it. However, it will just be a basic pushup/sit up competition. How many can you do in a week (5 days)
    Pushups- on your toes or knees whatever is best for you
    Sit ups (no crunches)
    Starting on Monday - till Friday.
    Keep a tally. And at the end of Friday Midnight. Post your results.

So mini challenge.... Good Luck
    -R
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Ok awesome!! ^_^

But one question, you say sit-ups (no crunches.) I thought sit-ups were crunches???
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    Ok awesome!! ^_^

But one question, you say sit-ups (no crunches.) I thought sit-ups were crunches???

Crunches you dont go all the way up, situps you go up to your knees and you keep your shoulder blades off the floor.

Ill join the marine team! Lindsey you should be our captain. --- oops said that before I saw you already were haha
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Crunches are when you just crunch your abs. You would lift your shoulders to about 30 degrees off the floor.
    The Sit up is when you entirely lift your shoulder blades off the floor to about a 70 degree angle. Your arms will be across your chest. When you come up, you will hit your knee caps and then go all the way back down to the floor.

Crunches are a lot easier and are not considered a sit up in the military. I usually do crunches. Situps are way harder. This is why I do crunches. LOL

Does that make sense?
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Ok awesome!! ^_^

Crunches you dont go all the way up, situps you go up to your knees and you keep your shoulder blades off the floor.

Ill join the marine team! Lindsey you should be our captain. --- oops said that before I saw you already were haha

Oooooohhhhh ok!! I gotcha then!! :)
    And I am the captain!! ^_^ Woot woot!! Haha, now I can tell Jack I'm the USMC Captain. Bahahaha...yeah he'll go for that won't he??

And yes Habe, that makes sense!! Thank you!! :) (I feel dumb now for asking...lol)
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Gessa,
    We totally posted at the same time. Great minds think alike.

And welcome!

Lindsey you are so funny. USMC Captain...Hey you have the owner rights now!! LOL
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    Lol Show jack whose boss when he gets back xD

& Yes, yes they do ^.^

.....dammit i cant type today >.<
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Lol Show jack whose boss when he gets back xD

& Yes, yes they do ^.^

.....dammit i cant type today >.<

Hmmmmm...I dunno Gess, I think he might be tired of taking orders when he gets back...I think I'll let him tell me what to do for a little bit! ;) Hehehe!
  • niki108
    niki108 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im not going to be able to participate :(

Good luck ladies!
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Im not going to be able to participate :(

Good luck ladies!

Hey Niki,

We totally understand. SOmetimes life gets in the way of life.
    We are all still here to support you in any way..

And we will do another challenge for sure!!

And the Navy girls will represent you properly :)

-R
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Ok well I accept the challenge but umm yeah I am not a person that does situps I am a crunch girl so we shall see lol...are you doing the normal situp or the new Army PT sit up thing have you seen that it is crazy...I am happy this post came back to life I thought it had died :(
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    can i join your group? my husband is in the air force and is deployed again, i only have a month left and i need the motivation to keep going lol
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Ok well I accept the challenge but umm yeah I am not a person that does situps I am a crunch girl so we shall see lol...are you doing the normal situp or the new Army PT sit up thing have you seen that it is crazy...I am happy this post came back to life I thought it had died :(

Nope just the normal sit up. The other ones are weird. haha
    Okay. Today is Monday! Lets go!
    There are only a few of us. But WHO CARES!!
    We dont need 50 people for awesome motivation.
    Good luck.
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Heather and ive been an air force wife for a little over 3 years now and are currently stationed in italy. I first joined myfitnesspal about a year and a half ago when i gave birth to my daughter. shortly after she was born my husband left for his first deployment and while he was gone i managed to lose 50lbs. after about 5 months of him being back home (and gaining back about 8lbs) he left again for another 6 months. We are almost done with this deployment and i cant wait to see him but i need to kick this weight lose/ toning in gear!! so im very excited to have you all to keep me on track!! you have my permission to get on my case is i start to slack lol
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Omgosh I feel like such a failure!!! I can't even do ONE full sit up!!! I've tried SOOO HARD and I just can't do it!! Ugh...>.<