How many calories in your Christmas dinner?

Options
AMC110
AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
I had to use estimations for my main meal yesterday. For those of you who were able to log accurately, how many calories did your Christmas dinner rack up?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    578 - roasted brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, and some red wine.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    978 kcals -- an "untraditional" Christmas dinner of grilled cheese and minestrone, plus a high-ish ABV beer.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I only sort of logged. About 700 for desserts, another 500 for dinner, but I didn’t log hors d’oeuvres. Probably another 500.

It’s a few days out of the year. Soon enough, I’ll be craving vegetables and chicken breast. This week, I’m enjoying the once a year foods.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Dinner + desserts. Around 2k easy. Omnomnomnom
  • Forever_Primed
    Forever_Primed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I probably put down ~4k cals in total yesterday. I chose to fully induldge in my desires. No regrets at all. The way I see things is that eating such an extreme amount of food on one day is an anomaly in my everyday life. It's not something I do habitually so it pretty much means nothing. It was back to normal today.
  • RCW_III
    RCW_III Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just over 400 calories for dinner of turkey, gravy and green beans. Nearly 3,000 with snacking on nuts most of the day to not start on cookies, etc. :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    1000 calories at McDonald's . What a waste! Our Christmas was a few days earlier. I didn't log, but a small pork chop, 1 roll with butter, small roasted potato and lots of roasted zucchini. Not bad.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    894 including coffee and dessert. Finished the day with 208 calories to spare, since I worked out and we didn't eat lunch. Dinner was lamb with mint sauce, roasted root vegetables with tzatziki sauce, salad with ginger dressing, and dessert was cheese, fruit, and chocolate.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Too *kitten* many, lol.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    IDK...I had 2 pork tamales, avocado, homemade pico, avo-verde sauce, about a half bag of tortilla chips, and 3 chicken taquitos
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    seriously it was 3 days of pigging out until i felt like i wanted to die and then just continuing to shove in cookies as i made room. I want to die right this moment- My body doesnt appear to digest this kind of food (seriously) but i achieved my goal, Got it out of my system and cant *kitten* wait to get back to clean healthy eating. Put on 15 pounds id say maybe 4 will hang around. Not the end of the world ill begin to feel beter when my bloating goes down and i plan to use the feeling of health and weight loss to catapult me into a good 2018, So really no harm done if anything slight benefit to being a gross piggy xD Gonna hold on to this gross feeling for a while keep it in my mind and nurture the desire to eat well
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    LOT
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Skipped dinner. I had the 1600 calorie breakfast and the 1600 calorie lunch. Then I exercised enough to log a green day.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    990 not including wine.

French onion soup, butter and horseradish crusted prime rib and creamed horseradish sauce, and bacon fried brussel sprouts. Plus dinner rolls and lots of wine.

No guilt. I don’t care.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    I have Christmas Lunch
    Lunch and Dessert/Hors Oeuvres - 2500 easily

Went overboard on the cookies, had 7 of them. :open_mouth:
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1,430 for dinner, dessert and drinks. That’s more than I usually eat in a whole day. It was well worth it! I set my calories to maintenance for the day, and enjoyed every bite!
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    507 - ham, small serving of stuffing, 1/2 small sweet potato, green beans and some broccoli. I was full after eating that meal, had 2 tiny healthy snacks and only ate 1400 calories yesterday. No desserts, etc.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    690 on dinner + another 300 ish on drinks. I ended up about 200 over for the day - a win in my book!