Another new year resolution, different this time

Options
Comfort222
Comfort222 Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everybody!!

I've just started, again (rolls eyes), on this weight loss journey.

I once succeeded in losing weight, about 50kgs. Sadly I gained it all back, and more. I gave in to old habits, and soon as I knew it, I was on a downward spiral.

I struggle particularly with binge eating and drinking too much alcohol on weekends. I believe these are addictions for me. There are different models of addiction. While I have nothing against other views, I'm of the persuasion that it is a learned behavior - i.e. Habits based on different environmental triggers. As such I believe I can tackle these habits through awareness, changing my environment, and limiting/abstaining intake.

So I'm ready to take on this journey - spurred on the by the new year fever of course! However I am starting from a different base camp. I dedicated a lot of time this year to understanding the pathophysiology of obesity. I'm no scientist but I believe it's important for us to understand our bodies, how they work, what makes them go bonkers, in order for us to treat them appropriately.

Long story short, here I am! Would love to meet new friends to share insights and inspiration. I wish you all a fantastic time while on this journey.

With love

The Comfortable one

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,211 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm new too, brimming with ideas and a need for helpful info. Lets do this together.
  • Erin1082
    Erin1082 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. I began my journey in January 2016 and had lost 90 pounds by July. I hit a plaute and tried lots of adjusting. I gained weight so quickly over the holidays. I tried in 2017 to begin again, but had trouble behind committed. I've gained back all but 10 pounds, and in not entirely sure I didn't gain that over the holidays this year. I'm preparing to start over and would love new, mfp active friends. Feel free to add me.
    We can do this!
  • Comfort222
    Comfort222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much
  • relsbel
    relsbel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m starting again too. I’ve been on and off the weight loss merry-go-round so long but it’s time to get off. I have a LOT to lose, my health is not good and my weight is the biggest contributing factor, so literally my life is on the line. I am starting at 128kg. I want to get down to 75kg but I’m setting mini goals, so here’s to getting to 125kg over the next 3 weeks. I am fully committed this time round.
    I really need some friends to share the ups and downs with though, so jive to meet you Comfort222, suerlewis2 and Erin1082